Pilot Knob Ridge

Pilot Knob Ridge is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Queensbury, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Short forest hike with great view Lake George from gazebo at top.

Very easy hike, pretty views of Lake George. I suggest doing the pinnacle if you want a better view though, the summit is more open.

Steepest part is up to the gazebo. Then follow the blue trail to the water fall. Cross over the water and take the other part of the blue trail to the top of the water falls. It then loops back around to the bottom of the falls.

fun trail to do as a family

Very easy and short climb to summit. Took two out of shape hikers 35 mins to the top beutiful views

The hike was intense once your at the top its breathtaking, we made our way to the waterfall as well. I wish they had how many miles to each location that way people know whether to continue or not. The path to the waterfalls was very muddy, on the way back to parking lot you had to very careful going down hill.

Beautiful view of the lake from the gazebo Another 400' to a waterfall, which was flowing nicely today, though it's frequently a trickle in the summer.

Fun! A nice view for not much work. It is incline all the way to the gazebo, so keep in mind if you haven't been out in a while!

In spite of the ran, I found myself with some time this afternoon and decided to use it hiking this preserve. I'm glad I did! The weather meant I had it all to myself!

4.5 miles total distance and a little more than 1500' total elevation change made for a reasonably challenging hike. There were some muddy spots in the trail, but nothing that couldnt be easily crossed or navigated around. The falls are very cool to see, especially from the top, and the view from the gazebo is quite nice as well.

Overall a great place to bring the family, and enjoy a day out! I would give this warning to hikers though: stay on the MARKED trails! There are places that appear to be trails, but without the trail blazes on the trees. There are only 2 trails up there: orange and blue. Be sure to stick those when exploring.

This is about a 2 hr hike in and out, with a few rest stops on the way. The view from the gazebo is nice. We continued on the blue trail to the waterfall. About 4 miles round trip. Saw a red fox on the trail just sitting and staring at us.

This hike is nearly all uphill to the gazebo and more than half uphill to the waterfall. Lots of rocks and mucky spots with tons of bugs. Use bug spray! Rated moderate but is quite strenuous. We went to the falls which was quite pretty in May and running fast. Had a very young pup and one year old dog with us on lead. Apparently not everyone does the same but at least there were no issues with loose dogs. Took a total of three hours with a brief stop at gorgeous gazebo views. Would be nice to do lunch there..

Easy trail with a great view! Perfect for a quick sunset hike!

This was a nice and lovely hike for a sunset. Nice easy hike.

A short but robust hike up to the gazebo. I give it 5 stars because of the combination of accessibility and a very enjoyable view of Lake George once at the gazebo. The hike is just strenuous enough to present the view as a well deserved reward. I then continued on to the waterfall.

Prior to the hike, I was unable to find any information about the waterfall, other than it dries up in the summer and into the fall. So: the waterfall is 20-25 feet tall and, when I visited, about 6-8 feet wide at the top. Below the waterfall are a series of small drops and rapids as the stream tumbles down the mountain. It had rained at least 0.6 inches the day before my morning hike, so there was plentiful water, making for a spectacular and lovely sight! See my photo.

A very short though steep inclined hike to the gazebo. I picked a day was slightly raining. It was just enough rain weather to roll fog and clouds through the mountains and across lake George. The view was amazing in that state of weather. The raid started coming harder so i turned back and will have to head to the waterfall another time. Very nice afternoon hike for an outdoor lunch.

good trail. rocky terrain.

Easy, very short hike. Very relaxing at the top (gazebo).