Pilot Knob Ridge

Pilot Knob Ridge is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Queensbury, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Short forest hike with great view Lake George from gazebo at top.

Rocky but nice and steady hike. Loved the wildflower field at the top and the view from the gazebo (hiked this August 1). This is a hike I would want to do again near peak foliage or after the snow melts and Spring has sprung! :-)

Very steep to the gazebo then it "flattens" out to the waterfall. Per my Fitbit it was right about 4 miles in and out.

Very steep! Definitely moderate for me, though I was passed by a few people in much better shape than me! As a beginner, I found it hard but not impossible. It's a very quick hike to the gazebo, about 0.5 mile, and I came straight down after that (I wanted to do the whole loop but got confused). Overall, a good hike. The views at the gazebo are beautiful.

Plenty of parking, well maintained and marked trails. The orange loop has a strong elevation gain so moderate is a fair assessment. Great view from the gazebo. 37 minutes up via northern trail, 24 minutes down via southern trail.

Nice hike. Took my four kids ages 5 - 12! Gazebo was cool. I would rate this as easy and not moderate though! Well marked.