Pilot Knob Ridge

Pilot Knob Ridge is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Queensbury, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Short forest hike with great view Lake George from gazebo at top.

1 hour ago

Very steep to the gazebo then it "flattens" out to the waterfall. Per my Fitbit it was right about 4 miles in and out.

Very steep! Definitely moderate for me, though I was passed by a few people in much better shape than me! As a beginner, I found it hard but not impossible. It's a very quick hike to the gazebo, about 0.5 mile, and I came straight down after that (I wanted to do the whole loop but got confused). Overall, a good hike. The views at the gazebo are beautiful.

Plenty of parking, well maintained and marked trails. The orange loop has a strong elevation gain so moderate is a fair assessment. Great view from the gazebo. 37 minutes up via northern trail, 24 minutes down via southern trail.

Nice hike. Took my four kids ages 5 - 12! Gazebo was cool. I would rate this as easy and not moderate though! Well marked.

Awesome trail even better at sunset

Very easy hike, pretty views of Lake George. I suggest doing the pinnacle if you want a better view though, the summit is more open.

Steepest part is up to the gazebo. Then follow the blue trail to the water fall. Cross over the water and take the other part of the blue trail to the top of the water falls. It then loops back around to the bottom of the falls.

fun trail to do as a family

Very easy and short climb to summit. Took two out of shape hikers 35 mins to the top beutiful views