Pilot Knob Ridge

Pilot Knob Ridge is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Queensbury, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Short forest hike with great view Lake George from gazebo at top.

Sweet view of Lake George. in 15 minutes you will hike straight up (pretty strenuous) to a gazebo overlooking the lake. Then you can take a trail to the waterfalls which is great for trail running. We went mid summer and there was no waterfall to be seen but was still a nice path through the woods. If you want a short hike with a good workout, just go to the gazebo and back.

Went the extra mile to see the waterfall, beautiful partially frozen

Rocky but nice and steady hike. Loved the wildflower field at the top and the view from the gazebo (hiked this August 1). This is a hike I would want to do again near peak foliage or after the snow melts and Spring has sprung! :-)

Very steep to the gazebo then it "flattens" out to the waterfall. Per my Fitbit it was right about 4 miles in and out.

Very steep! Definitely moderate for me, though I was passed by a few people in much better shape than me! As a beginner, I found it hard but not impossible. It's a very quick hike to the gazebo, about 0.5 mile, and I came straight down after that (I wanted to do the whole loop but got confused). Overall, a good hike. The views at the gazebo are beautiful.

Plenty of parking, well maintained and marked trails. The orange loop has a strong elevation gain so moderate is a fair assessment. Great view from the gazebo. 37 minutes up via northern trail, 24 minutes down via southern trail.

Nice hike. Took my four kids ages 5 - 12! Gazebo was cool. I would rate this as easy and not moderate though! Well marked.

Awesome trail even better at sunset

Very easy hike, pretty views of Lake George. I suggest doing the pinnacle if you want a better view though, the summit is more open.

Steepest part is up to the gazebo. Then follow the blue trail to the water fall. Cross over the water and take the other part of the blue trail to the top of the water falls. It then loops back around to the bottom of the falls.

fun trail to do as a family

Very easy and short climb to summit. Took two out of shape hikers 35 mins to the top beutiful views

The hike was intense once your at the top its breathtaking, we made our way to the waterfall as well. I wish they had how many miles to each location that way people know whether to continue or not. The path to the waterfalls was very muddy, on the way back to parking lot you had to very careful going down hill.

Beautiful view of the lake from the gazebo Another 400' to a waterfall, which was flowing nicely today, though it's frequently a trickle in the summer.

Fun! A nice view for not much work. It is incline all the way to the gazebo, so keep in mind if you haven't been out in a while!

In spite of the ran, I found myself with some time this afternoon and decided to use it hiking this preserve. I'm glad I did! The weather meant I had it all to myself!

4.5 miles total distance and a little more than 1500' total elevation change made for a reasonably challenging hike. There were some muddy spots in the trail, but nothing that couldnt be easily crossed or navigated around. The falls are very cool to see, especially from the top, and the view from the gazebo is quite nice as well.

Overall a great place to bring the family, and enjoy a day out! I would give this warning to hikers though: stay on the MARKED trails! There are places that appear to be trails, but without the trail blazes on the trees. There are only 2 trails up there: orange and blue. Be sure to stick those when exploring.

This is about a 2 hr hike in and out, with a few rest stops on the way. The view from the gazebo is nice. We continued on the blue trail to the waterfall. About 4 miles round trip. Saw a red fox on the trail just sitting and staring at us.

This hike is nearly all uphill to the gazebo and more than half uphill to the waterfall. Lots of rocks and mucky spots with tons of bugs. Use bug spray! Rated moderate but is quite strenuous. We went to the falls which was quite pretty in May and running fast. Had a very young pup and one year old dog with us on lead. Apparently not everyone does the same but at least there were no issues with loose dogs. Took a total of three hours with a brief stop at gorgeous gazebo views. Would be nice to do lunch there..

Easy trail with a great view! Perfect for a quick sunset hike!

This was a nice and lovely hike for a sunset. Nice easy hike.