Pharoah Mountain Trail

Pharoah Mountain Trail is a 8.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Schroon Lake, New York that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1948 feet

Nice trail, moderate for most of the hike, but does get very steep toward the summit. A short climb up a nice mountain in the southern Adirondacks with great views over a lake with the same name. This approach from Crane Pond is less steep then the eastern side one from Pharaoh Lake. From the top you will have great views in every direction over the vast Pharaoh Lake wilderness. This is a great hike for every season.

Trail was wet with water running under snow, can imagine with the rain tonight most of trail will be water. Socked in with clouds, but warm breeze accompanied. Great hike will definitely do again.

Long hike, not overly steep but a steady rise. Nice views of lakes and mountains on a clear day. The wilderness area around the mountain has a lot of trails leading to different ponds, you can spend a week exploring the whole trail system if you had the time,

amazing view, hiked the mountain then stayed at watch rock lean to...breathtaking views. no joke as a hike though. be prepared.

Great views! My sons made it to the top, My wife,daughter , 80LB Akita puppy and myself were out of gas on the ridge just below!!! We were still able to get some stunning photos!!! We will be back to finish what we started !!

Thursday, November 19, 2015

I've heard that this area was nice. Especially popular for fall foliage. Hiked Pharaoh mtn in late fall and even then it was awesome! Lots of trails and ponds and places to view and camp! Def coming back in summer.

Saturday, November 07, 2015

Monday, September 07, 2015

Friday, August 07, 2015

Outstanding Hike, Completed it on a long weekend. 1st night spent ontop of the mountain with incredible views the next morning at breakfast. Spent the next evening down on the lake in a Lean too.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

One of my favorite hikes in the Adirondacks. I
Like to start at crane pond and reach the summit that way. Continue over the mountain to The lake or go back down. Don't forget about crab and oxshoe pond on the way back.

Friday, November 07, 2014

My husband, daughter and I with our dog did this hike at the end of October. Was a great 3 day hike starting at crane pond and doing the lake loop with climbing the summit on the last day. Was great hiking weather and nice to stay in lean to with no tent just sleeping bags. No bugs this time of year.

Monday, November 05, 2012

One of the best hikes I've been on. A group of nine of us chose Pharaoh Mt/Lake for a 3-day backpacking outing. We decided to take the risk and look for a campsite on the summit on the first night. We luckily found one! We hiked back down and stayed on the lake the following night. Both the mountain and the lake provided great views and multiple established campsites.

Monday, October 22, 2012