Overlook Mountain Trail

Overlook Mountain Trail is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Woodstock, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My favorite place ever!

I hiked this trail today with my girlfriend. Is ver very foggy, damp and sticky. The fire tower was closed because visibility was basically zero. That being said, we ran around and took pictures from the overlook, and the abandoned hotel. It was neat to explore the ruins in the foggy conditions. Will certainly be coming back in the fall, however.

Steep but well maintained wide trail, which made it fairly easy. Plenty of kids and dogs there. Abandoned pre-ww2 hotel about 2/3 of the way up, fire tower at the top and amazing views.

Pretty steady incline the whole way up with a really well maintained trail all the way up. Tons of others on the trail both up and down.

I was not a fan of the trail itself but the views were amazing! And the abandoned hotel gave it even more reason to explore!

Great when I need an easy / quick hike. Somewhat boring way up unless you spot a bear! but fun cool views plus exploring the old hotel make it worth it.

I really enjoyed this hike. Lots to see on the way and a great view point at the end. We even took a detour off the trail for a bit on to another trail for a bit and my brother and his dog ran down to the lake. Did it while carrying my six month old. Very doable but still a good effort

the views were amazing, long hike but worth it. the whole time you will be walking
up hill. the abandoned 1871 hotel is very cool (you're allowed in to look around). A half mile up you'll find the park rangers who are very nice and hand out water bottles / cookies. the firetower is right around the corner & goes very high up! the view was amazing. there is a rattlesnake habitat at top so becareful (we didn't see any)