Osgood Trail

Osgood Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Red House, New York that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Nice hike though, all the uphill was rough for a beginning hiker. Chipmunks everywhere! We did not see any other wildlife besides LOTS of bugs. Quite a few big rocks for picture taking if hiking in a group. Otherwise, very serene hike. Only a few muddy spots.

Nice trail! Kicked my butt as it's pretty much just up 700 feet (in a bit over a mile) and right back on down. The trail itself is not always obvious but the markers are very frequent and easy to follow. I went after some rain and there were only a few muddy sections at around 1800 ft. Chipmunks everywhere! I didn't see another person the entire time on the trail (weekday afternoon in March), and really hardly any people in the entire park.

this trail is up the hill around the top and back down. be ready to hike up the mountain!

Definitely a good trail- very nice hike. I would rate this trail as moderate in difficulty.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Good trail. Scenery is your standard Allegheny forest, with some quite pretty patches of woods, larger rocks, and creeks. We didn't encounter too much mud, but I can see how it would be an issue if it's rained recently.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

very nice, some difficult slopes, lots of deer sightings, many photo shots.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Nice trail, we didn't do the whole trail. The group I was in we went straight up from our cabins to a trail marker.

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

2.5 mile loop and 700 ft elevation change is all you need to know. The halfway point is a 2000 ft peak. 1 mile up, 1 mile down. I went when there was 2 inches of snow and it was 24 degrees. Not much to see, but well marked.

Monday, August 04, 2014