Orange Heritage Trail

Orange Heritage Trail is a 12.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Goshen, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for walking, running, bird watching, and road biking and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 12.2 miles Elevation Gain: 426 feet Route Type: Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

rails trails

city walk

Super easy paved walking path. It’s good if you’re just starting out and want to get into it. Very scenic and very heavily trafficked.

This is a nice 25 (just shy of 25miles) mile r/t ride. Parking is easy and the ride is soft, shaded and picturesque, for the most part. Overall a nice trail to ride, walk or jog.

Easy mostly flat paved trail, almost all lined up with trees which makes pedaling even on a hot day easier. Goshen to Chester about 5 miles is the busiest part of it, then another 5 miles to the end of the town of Monroe and 2 miles of the newest part of it to get to the end.

Great trail to walk, run or ride ( bike).

A section of the Heritage Trail in Goshen NY that does not have paved road. Great for trail running. Will soon be paved so enjoy it while it lasts.

Beautiful and peaceful out and back 4 mile course.

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Well I came here with my two boys to see what this trail is all about and I wasn’t too happy with it! First of all limited parking at the depot parking area by the station. It’s also so boring!!! I am used to seeing scenery and taking pictures and there was nothing to see except boring trees and scary buildings!!! As we began riding my little one who’s 4yrs old almost lost control as I was directing both of my sons to your right, a fast biker came flying by and scared my little one , had him almost heading off a cliff. I screamed so loud... smh... As we continued I found that this trail makes no sense. There is fencing in areas but not where their is a cliff, where someone can actually fall off to god knows where... so as we continued we also passed abandoned buildings, quite scary you don’t know who’s around... you also pass by people’s back yards, barking dogs with probably a 2-3 ft fence which had us scared it would hop over as it was barking from my sons training wheels making loud noises!!! I feel it needs a lot of improvements.. more fencing where their is dangerous areas where kids can fall off and perhaps a separate lane for fast bikers. Path is too narrow, there was a disabled person which their bike took up half of the lane causing us to ride on the grass. So I feel they need to improve on that!!

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Good for anMorning walk to get some miles in. Great for bird watching. Mellow terrain and food for kids.

Monday, August 21, 2017

A rail trail. Excellent for biking.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Biking

Thursday, October 27, 2016

This is a paved rail trail suitable for walking ,jogging, or cycling. Very easy and well maintained. Suitable for kids and seniors. Because it's a section of former railroad, its a "there and back" scenic adventure so you're not committed to doing the whole 17.mi. distance. overall a pretty walk/bike in the woods.

Friday, May 20, 2016

Good bicycle trail

Friday, March 04, 2016

Great trail for exercising or just taking a casual stroll. I have been using this trail for years, it is safe and convenient. Good scenery. Especially peaceful and beautiful after a nice snow; fall foliage is great and love to hear the birds in the spring. Can't wait for the trail to be extended - is in need of some repairs.

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Very easy trail

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Not food scenery. Boring.

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Heritage Trail is a wide, paved path thats's perfect for biking, jogging and just strolling. It's accessible from many different points. There's public parking at St. James Place in Goshen, Chester Depot, and Park & Ride Lot B in Monroe.

recorded Orange Heritage Trail