Ooms Conservation Area Loop

Ooms Conservation Area Loop is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Old Chatham, New York that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Open conservation area with loop trails FEATURES 180 acres 3 miles of trails Rolling grasslands, pond, pastoral landscape, Catskill mountain views, and mixed forest Benches and gazebo Great for birdwatching Excellent fishing at the 35-acre Sutherland pond

Great easy trail with some nice views. Great for families or large groups.

I come here a lot to walk and relax... always enjoy it.

This is a very nice place to walk; the only reason that I didn't give it 5 stars was that it was a bit wet in areas that I thought really wouldn't be wet (granted we had dourpour storms yesterday). Rolling hills, tall waving grass, beautiful sunset. It could have the potential of buggy, but they didn't bother me. I brought my wife and 7 kids, my youngest is 2 and he had no problem walking the entire trail himself. Definitely could have easily brought a stroller or even the kids on mountain bikes. Will definitely do again.

Two kids (7&11), myself and a dog. went 2/23/17. it was super wet and muddy due to recent melt of snow. we wore boots changed into flip flops because it was warm. Started at main parkings spot, stopped at benches up to the gazebo..coming down to finish the trail along the road was super muddy. Kids didn't care. they took off flip flops and we all left muddy, wet and happy.

It is a pretty, open, space. lovely views. we saw about 6 beavers. we loved the space.

BUT...there is dog feces everywhere. Even on the dock. it was horrible. This is why more places will not allow pets because people are so disrespectful to the land.

Hiked on a cold day in February, not much to see. We've also been in early fall and that was much more exciting. There are a lot of beavers living in the pond and their presence is easy to see in felled logs, lodges, etc. We spotted several swimming too. Keep dogs on a leash and pick up after them please!!

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Beautiful and peaceful place. Nice easy hike. Great for families. Nice area to sit at the top and overlook the pond.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Monday, February 29, 2016

Beautiful area with lots of open space to view the distant rolling hills and mountains. There are many benches along the way along with some nice wooden bridges and a gazebo at the top of the highest hill. My 3year-old daughter walked the whole way, and we brought my dogs along as well. I have hiked here several times since.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Monday, October 12, 2015

Sunday, July 19, 2015

I enjoyed my time here. Lots of up and down hills, portions of fields, and bits of woods. Very peaceful.

Friday, June 12, 2015

We live nearby and come here regularly for walks, picnics, relaxing. It's very pastoral, and I personally think it's the prettiest of the county land conservancy's properties. To the reviewer who questioned the miles, there are a few different trails.