Old Mineral Springs Trail

Old Mineral Springs Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cornwall, New York that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very easy trail - beautiful waterfall. Lots of dipping spots to cool off. Dog loved playing in the water. Not much to see after the waterfall - but very relaxing and mostly shaded.

It’s not too hard of a train but I had a 6 month old strapped to my chest so it wasn’t really “easy.” There were a few rock scramble areas. I only made it about half way up and turned around because my dog wasn’t having it anymore. As I got close to my end point the trail was really overgrown in a few spots but it is clearly marked with blazes. It’s a very nice hike, the waterfall was a nice welcome early in the hike!

We only went to the falls and then a little past it but it’s a really nice trail. Some tiny scrambles, walking over a creek, nice shade, and beautiful waterfall. There isn’t a parking lot, just a tiny shoulder that can hold like 3 cars so be aware of that. We took our 4 year old and he loved the hike.

My husband and I went on this trail with our small dog. We had a really nice time. Easy to follow not crowded trail with a nice waterfall and beautiful view at the very top. We are not avid hikers so it was pretty tiring but the challenge felt good.

Awesome trail. beautiful waterfalls. great lookout points!

A nice Easter hike with my two boys- aged 1.5 and almost 4. Waterfall was amazing! Hiking above the waterfall the trail goes along a beautiful river/brook that feeds the waterfall. There were some steep, rocky, and slippery spots where I had to carry the baby and help my 4 year old— I put the baby in a hiking pack for the trip down since he was getting tired. I would definitely visit here again- especially in warmer weather. Seems like there are a few nice spots to cool off in hot weather.
We didn’t do the whole hike- turned around where the trail crosses the water mostly because it started to drizzle. We took almost 2 hours.

Saturday, July 01, 2017