OK Slip Falls Trail

OK Slip Falls Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Indian Lake, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail to OK Slip Falls in the Hudson Gorge Wilderness is open to the public. The three-mile hike leads to an overlook that provides a scenic view of the falls. The parking area for the trailhead is located on the south side of Route 28, approximately 7.5 miles east of the community of Indian Lake. The trailhead itself is on the north side of Route 28, 0.2 miles west of the parking area. The trail also provides access to Ross, Whortleberry and Big Bad Luck Ponds. Approximately a half mile from the trailhead hikers should turn right onto the trail to OK Slip Falls. Follow the trail another 2.5 miles to the overlook on the east side of the OK Slip Gorge. OK Slip Falls is considered one of the highest falls in the Adirondacks and its waters flow into the Hudson River near the center of the Hudson Gorge.

A very easy, long walk in the woods that leaves you with great views! Didn't expect the waterfall to be so full this time of year so it was a nice treat. Packed a lunch and really enjoyed taking in the views with my hiking buddy. Just a friendly suggestion - cross the road from the parking lot and walk along the road there to the trail sign. First walk to what we thought was the entrance to the trailhead was not what we thought it was and can be easily missed on the other side of the road. Looking forward to returning to this hike and also hiking the other trails! :-)

Great trail! Beautiful waterfall at the end! It was raining for 2 days prior to our hike but it was only slightly muddy here and there. After you park in the lot, you have to walk down the road about
.2 tenths of a mile and the trailhead is on the OPPOSITE side of the parking lot fyi. Would recommend this trail.

Nicely kept trail. Definitely bring some good water resistant hiking boots if there's been any recent rain.

Awesome experience had a great time there. Here is a video clip from the trip! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNa7aZlmt_w&t=165s

Please feel free to check it out!

I would say it was moderate. The trip down to the Hudson was worth it too.

great

I loved this trail! The weather was perfect 8-26-17! I came in the morning around 10:30 and there were only 2 other cars when I arrived. I trail was for the most part drier than July. I had been waiting for the bug situation to clear up somewhat also too. It has just been so bad this year with bugs and rain. Once I got to the Falls the view was just spectacular! I will definitely do this hike and other trails here in the future!

Very long hike , nice hike though , very well maintained, lots of trail markers , absolutely beautiful view at the end . We went down to the bottom of the falls it's a very very steep hike down and back to the bottom , so be prepared, however it is a have to , the falls are gorgeous from that view , we hung out along time at the base of the falls and ate lunch and soaked in the beautiful views .
The trail was very dry , but if it rains I can see where the mud would be much in some spots , I would take that into consideration after a rainfall

Loved our day at the falls

Easy hike, but a good enough distance to be worth the trip, plus an awesome view at the end. Still pretty buggy even in late August. A popular option so don't expect to be out on your own!