Oakley Corners State Forest Loop

easy 85 reviews

Oakley Corners State Forest Loop is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Endicott, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.3 miles Elevation Gain: 472 feet Route Type: Loop

icy

Hiked the “Y” side first and the trails were hard packed and icy making it a bit dangerous to run. Great walk though. Walked and ran the road on the “B” side which was much less icy. Still a great place to walk, run, hike.

Beautiful snowy forest! Snow shoed on Trail 1 loop. Well marked, easy trail. Met a few people cross country skiing.

Trails were snow covered with the ability to walk through snow covered forest!! Absolutely stunning!!!! I hiked the Blue side trails (1 and 2) for ~3miles. Saw only 2 other people from a distance (most were on the yellow trails). Highly highly recommend it before the weather yo-yos back warmer.

Excellent snow covered conditions

icy

took the dog too! fun, quiet, picturesque.

Y1-Y7-Y6-Y5-Y3-Y1

Yellow 4 - Yellow 5

Was an easy hike, trails were all very well marked, with the AllTrails App it was very easy to complete this 4.4 mile hike. I parked in the little lot on Hullsville Road, we started South on trail 1, to trail 4, to trail 5, to trail 6, to trail 2, to trail 1 back to the parking lot. This was the first time with the dog and my trekking sticks, we did alright, we had fun! We will do this one again!

2.1 miles great hike

Wed Nov 07 2018

This was my first solo hike ( well with my dog) I was nervous but the trail I took (trail 1) was marked very well. The only trouble I had was that the markers are yellow and so were the leaves on the trees! Made a good challenge though. It was a great hike, I’m glad I finally worked up the nerve to go!

Mon May 28 2018

I love the trails at Oakley Corners but the map pictured here isn’t complete. The NYS DEC has a full map. I have gotten lost before but if you keep the map with you and follow your turns with the map you’ll be fine. Lots of old trees, creeks, ponds, well maintained bridges, free camping, lots of hunters during hunting season

Sat Apr 07 2018

A nice location, but the trails were not marked very well but they are groomed nicely. An easy, longer hike that was pet friendly. I would go there again, but you have to really pay attention to the trail or you end up off the trail.

Thu Jan 11 2018

I loved this well marked trail. Kinda neat to see people ice fishing on one of the ponds/lakes too. I brought my dogs and we had a great time!!

Wed Nov 15 2017

Very easy nice hike.

Sat Oct 21 2017

Love this trail but I hate what they are doing to the forest out there!

Mon Aug 14 2017

Camped multiple times and had the place to myself. Just what I was hoping for. Hiked and hunted many times also and always enjoy myself. Nice trails and we'll kept.

Tue May 23 2017

I do enjoy time spent there. Although on the weekends it can get somewhat crowded.

Sun Nov 06 2016

This system no longer allows horseback riding. Great trail system, with a lot of nice options for either short or longer hikes depending on your time. Trails are kept clean and though there are muddy sections, you can still hike in sneakers without bringing home a bog. Dogs are allowed on leash. Love hiking here! The northern section has a logging road down the middle that is perfect if you have a jogging type stroller, though it's not super long. There aren't usually maps at the kiosk however, so remember to take a picture of the kiosk map if you're not familiar with this park!

Fri Sep 16 2016

Out for a last summer hike. Did the side that does not have a lake. Trail nicely marked and maintained.

Fri Jun 10 2016

Not a bad area to explore, but could have been better. I'd rate it a 3.5 if possible. The forest is a network of trails, all interconnecting for the most part. The forest is divided between the northern half and southern half, spilt in 2 by Dutchtown Rd. I've only explored the southern half, which has 2 ponds/lakes for fishing. The trails are well maintained, and marked well, although not terribly scenic. Unfortunately there were several areas with leftover campsites, where people had left trash. Right by the lake are 2 campsites, each with a fire pit. There was painting on one tree, some trash, bunch of ropes strung through the trees too. The second campsite had several very large dead trees all through the site, and I didn't feel comfortable camping near them. One of the huge dead trees had about 1/5 of it started to be cut through with an axe. Whatever idiot did that should be fined. Now you have a massive dead tree, that's weakened even further. I have no idea what they would have done if it was actually cut through and fell, as it would have taken out the entire campsite. the tree is massive. Other than that, the trails weren't bad. There are several spots for water, and a few areas off trail suitable for camping. I use a hammock to camp and found several areas that would have worked for an overnight. Several areas of the trail go right next to private property, so you're looking into someone's back yard. You don't ever feel that isolated and remote, although the northern half of the forest does look to provide more isolation. There was plenty of parking, but no trail maps available, and the ones found online are subpar at best. It's not a hard area to navigate though. Overall, I'd go back (I have gone twice). I wanted more from the area, but I have yet to explore it all, and hope to be impressed more when I see all of it.

Sun Feb 28 2016

This is a fun trail. Or should I say trails. We parked along the road at the intersection of Dutchtown Rd and Hullsville Rd as do many people. It is quite an open space there with wide enough shoulders to get off the road with your vehicle. We walked it in February of 2016 most recently, but we have walked it in the summer also. Either time it was fun. And because there wasn't much snow we got by with just hiking shoes and sneakers. The trail we took was the blue trail going down into the woods on the left side of the intersection as you are going up Dutchtown Rd. We walked down the hill through the woods, came out onto the dirt road and walked up that back to our vehicle. When we came out of the woods onto the dirt road it seemed that the trail continued on into the woods across the road, but we didn't see anymore state forest trail markings so we turned around after walking a short ways and went back to the dirt road.