Noonmark Mountain Trail

Noonmark Mountain Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Keene Valley, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Love this trail. More tough at the beginning because of the steepness but the final results bring so much happiness. Gorgeous

Very nice trail! Was very muddy but so much fun. Views are beautiful! Rates as intermediate, but if you have ankle problems going down will be much harder. Will go back for sure!

Summitted in near perfect early spring weather. Noonmark isnt a high peak but in my opinion the views are in comparison quite impressive. The bald summit affords awesome 360 degree views of the great range, giant/rocky peak ridge, and the dix range. Most of the snow and ice was melted however above 3000ft, i did put on my micro spikes a couple times. Super accessible, relatively gut-wretch free, with a solid reward at summit. Great hike!!

Hiked Noonmark about a week ago. Brought spikes but that really wasn't enough. Every step was a mystery if my entire leg was going to go into the deep snow and under that was a lot of water running. If I had snowshoes that may have made things a little easier. Probably very wet up there now since it's been such nice weather. Enjoy! :)

This hike was an intense one due to the ice. You really had to take your time due to the ice while ascending and descending. There were people that turned around due to the ice. For this hike I used snowshoes at the base, then had to switch over to crampons and axe to help make the ascent and descent. You had to make sure that your footing was good before moving. The views from the summit were very nice of The Great Range, Whiteface, Dix, and Giant Mountain. I will definitely do this again when the weather is warmer.

I did this a few days before hiking the lower great range and in my opinion noonmark had better veiws than any of the peaks on that trail. Me and my brother actually took the noonmark trail by accident mistaking it for the begging of the Dix mountain loop. Initially we were pretty disappointed and spent most of our time on the peak wishing we were on a taller mountain . Looking back however this was a great veiw. Pretty Moderate hike with some steep sections, we got up and down pretty quickly.

The views from the top of Noonmark are to die for with some strenuous sections of steep broad rocks. We walked up Noonmark many years ago and, on a recent return visit to Keene, set out to hike up again having decided to try the loop that takes you down the long way - towards Round Pond and then cutting off of that trail back toward the parking lot. Big mistake for us. The 3 1/2 hour hike (up and back) turned into 7 hours. The last stretch of the loop is fairly level but very rocky. Beware!

I am not sure how this trail got its moderate rating but it is hard. From the moment you get on the trail it is an upward climb sometimes very steep. A few rock scrambles, open face rock climbing and relentless ascending. It was all worth it as you get 3 scenic views on the way up and the summit was amazing. The trail was very busy but never bothersome and the summit is big enough to accommodate. Make sure you are ready for a workout.

We loved this hike! My boyfriend and I took his dog and it took us about 2 hours to summit. It starts out relatively easy but definitely earns it moderate rating for the last mile or so. The view is absolutely spectacular with 360 degrees of numerous high peaks. The dog did great minus a couple of areas we had to do a little hand off where there was a small ladder and where the rock was too tall for her to jump up. This hike is perfect for a half day excursion and is just challenging enough where you still feel like you got a good hike in even though the mileage is short. We didn't do to loop, we just hiked in and out because we were short on time and weren't sure how long going down the other way would take.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Not sure how this trail got it's rating, but it's not easy. It's not a High Peak, but the accent is very steep in places.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Fun trail! Did it Sunday November 22nd, 2015 beautiful day. Icey at the top beautiful 360 view.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thursday, September 10, 2015

As a female solo hiker, I don't consider this in the easy category, only because of the last maybe .4 miles. The rock scramble is not so bad at first but I was too short to reach a handhold, spent about 30 mins trying to get up this one spot, unsuccessfully. Then tried to figure a way around to no avail. Needless to say I will be doing this hike again, but not solo