Niagara Glen Trail

Niagara Glen Trail is a 2.3 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2.3 km
100 m

This one was one of the best vacation adventures I've been on. Great hikes and get as close to the water as you want (it is a hefty $10,000 fine to get in though) Lots of rocks to climb and scale if you want (some are inverted so bring some fall protection)

Nice views, but heavily trafficked. A lot of nice sights. I wouldn’t really consider this a “hike.” I would recommend this to anyone with some time in the area!

The view was breathtaking. My only regret was that I wore my usual rubber shoes so I kept slipping while trying to navigate through the rocks. Will definitely come back after winter season!

Nice trail - great variety of views - extend down to the base of the Whirlpool by following the Whirlpool trail (well marked)

Make sure you have comfortable foot wear on! A lot of rocks on the trails. Absolutely worth it once you get to the end! The view you get from the bottom of the gorge is amazing!!

Beautiful scenery, I wouldn’t call this trail easy as there are some big rocks and it’s also close to the river... also the hike back up the stairs can be very intense .would also not recommend doing with little kids

Beautiful scenery! Agree with others though that the easy rating is not quite accurate. Watch your footing on way down and be prepared for the climb back up.

Quick, easy loop. Several different trails to choose from. Not busy while we were there.

Beautiful scenery although the trail markers can be confusing.

sooooooo pretty

One of my favorite trails! We only finally hiked the Niagara Glen last fall and have been back two more times since. I think the designation of easy is a bit deceptive though because the climb down into the glen and back up again is a little bit of a workout. But the trails at the bottom are an easy hike.

Great up-close view of the river. Beware of ice on stone stairs during cold months. A must-see. I recommend these trails if you're in the Niagara area and looking for a fun way to spend time outdoors hiking amongst nature. Saw fisherman there, too, if that's your thing. We took the Northernmost stairwell over to the Terrace Path North around South on the River Path, and back North on the Cliffside Path. Will be back during warmer months!

Thursday, February 02, 2017

Great trail. Go when it is windy to see bigger rapids. Definitely explore the caves and have fun climbing on the rocks on the water's edge but just a tip figure out how to get back off a rock before jumping onto it. My friends have bailed me out of too many situations where I didn't.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Amazing trail during the fall!

Monday, October 17, 2016

So beautiful

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

this is a great trail! not easy coming back up tho.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

was great,great views,very hard at times but fun

Monday, August 15, 2016

Beautiful trail, especially in the fall. Nice river views, and not too populated.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Beautiful area worth exploring. I personally would not classify it as easy because of the many stairs and rocky steps throughout the trail. Still, my kids did fine through high temperatures and about 2.5 kms.
Look past the plethora of trash that ignorant visitors have thrown everywhere along the trailside, and you'll be able to enjoy the beauty of this place.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Several great hikes with leanna, sterling, and the pups. The power of the river is incredible and you are given full access to do what you want. The stairs down, I believe were built in the time of FDR, are being patched up next year. The end of the trial near devils whole is a great place for a picnic or just sit in awe. I would love to go to the canadian side, one day.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Long way back up but wonderful views

Friday, July 10, 2015

Definitely one of my Favorite Trail this Summer.... Amazing scenery!! If you on the Devils Hole Trail and you end please keep going all the way to the whirlpool Trail is only 1.3 miles more. You will not regret it I promise. The scenery after this point cannot be missed is super Amazing!!! Definitely going back.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

This was a great trail wandering along the river and through the woods. The water was an amazing turquoise. Trail was pretty easy but hiking out of the canyon at the end was not fun and we lost the trail at one point. Definitely worth the trip!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

One of the best trails in the Niagara Region. Any time we have company visiting from out of town we take them down the gorge. It rivals the literal falls in beauty and I personally prefer it to the literal Niagara Falls.
A word of warning: Take extreme care when hiking along the water. The rapids are extremely dangerous! If you fall into the water I can assure that you will not resurface. Please be cautious!

Sunday, July 13, 2014

One of my favorite hikes- nice and cool I the summer.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I've done this trail several times, and there is a lot to it. You can easily deviate off the trail and find a lot of very interesting thing and great views. You can even take the trail that goes down and beside the Niagara River.

One of our trips here, we decided to do the trail in February (when the trail is closed) and in hind-sight, it may not have been such a smart decision. The snow was knee deep in parts and a hellish hike. We even were hit by pretty hard snow-fall. Fun times!

Beautiful area!

Monday, October 07, 2013

This was a fun hike. My first trip to Niagra, and after a day of spending lots of money this was a great free event for my family. Leaves we're starting to change colors and it was such a perfect day for the hike. I recommend this trail. My wife backpacked our 10 month old and our 3 year old walked most of the time. The center area had great rock forms to view

Friday, August 30, 2013

This is not Glen trails. Even the map shows Canada. Great afternoon hike thouh. Also some great fishing at the bottom! Been going here for years and use an alternate way down. 15 min. But a lot more skill involved.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

A great hike. The views of the gorge are beautiful from down below or at the top. Going down be careful on the stairs...going up those same advised, there a lot of them! I will let you count. Well worth the trek! I go at least once in the 3 good seasons.