Nassau-Suffolk Trail: Cold Spring Harbor to Uplands Farm Sanctuary is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cold Spring Harbor, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Too crowded:(( and close to roads

Good workout trail because of the hills. Serious erosion problems on many of the stair step portions of the trail. Watch your footing.

Starts out with an incline of steps and is very up and down make sure you are ready for it. Good shade and just bring water :)

Perfect for interval energy exertion...the topology rises and falls like a HIIT workout.

Nice trail to run. Not too crowded and is challenging enough that it doesn’t bore you after running it a few times.

Pretty stiff hike starting at Cold Spring Harbor. Tapers off to a relatively flat, gentle hike after about 5 miles. If you go all the way to Merrick Rd. in Massapequa you have a 20 mile, 8 hour hike. Lots of ponds and streams over the last several miles.

Great trail to get away from the feel of Long Island.

A little hilly at the beginning so you can still get in a nice work out without going crazy.
Otherwise it’s a literal walk in the park with beautiful scenery.

Highly recommend for all.

My favorite hometown hike. It’s actually part of the green belt trail, and if you’ve got an entire day and lots of snacks, you can apparently hike all the way down to the massapequa park preserve trail on the south shore of Long Island. It’s on my to do list !!

Well marked . Great trail . Maybe the most difficult trail on Long Island.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Great Long Island trail. It was deceivingly steep for most of the beginning part. Not much for views besides the first half mile right out of the parking lot. I went during the week and only passed about ten pairs of people. Living on Long Island for my whole life, I’ll take it! Besides crossing two roads and one section where there is a metal fence, I actually felt like I was in the Catskills or some other remote area for most of the trail.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

if you are looking for a short hike, but want a good workout this is the trail for you. for a short trail there are alot of peaks and valleys. one of my favorites.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

This trails split into two parts, separated by Laurence Hill Rd. The vast majority of people do the side that starts in a large parking lot that on Harbor Road. This side has some fairly difficult hills, just enough that most people could still get through, but would also be exhausted by the end. The other starts on Laurence Hill Road (you can just park on the road). I almost never see people on this side because at the start of the trail there's a fence that makes it look less appealing. But once you get past the fence it's a very secluded hike, very woodsie, clearly marked, and far less hilly than the other side! For those of you getting a little tired of the same hike, or looking for something a little less challenging (but still a good workout), try the other side!!

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Great trail. Lots of hills up and down. Awesome trial for a long island park

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

It's an easy uphill battle

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

very hilly, but great walk, just be aware parking can get filled fast and early.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Best Hiking Exercise available on Long Island. Lots of inclines and declines.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

At least the upper mile of this trail makes for quite a challenging run. It's more than 500 feet total elevation over choppy / mixed terrain within the 2 mile loop. Though not much flat ground, it's very scenic. My run turned into more of a hike, but I'll be more prepared and will explore further south next time. Maybe it's an "Easy" hike, but this should probably be rated as Moderate.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

this is the best trail in long island!!!

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Great trail that is part of the Nassau/Suffolk greenbelt trail. Lots of hills to keep your heart pumping. Scenic views of lakes in the distance. Most beautiful in fall with the leaves changing.

Monday, October 10, 2016

A decent forest trail that'll bring you up to an elevation overlooking beautiful Cold Spring Harbor... Some challenging grades, so bring your hiking poles...
Been there twice... Always a good hike when you're looking to spend a couple of hours outdoors...

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Nice family trail. Ups and downs but nothing crazy. Met some friendly people along the way.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

My husband and I have walked this at least every season, 4-5xs a yr, for 20+ yrs. We start a Conservancy & just wander the nearby fields & woods for hour or so. Lovely place...there's more to it, but have only done the CSH greenbelt part twice. Plan to do more soon. Peaceful & enjoyable, especially in winter when no one's arnd.☺

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Great well marked hiking trail.

Monday, April 25, 2016

It's was very easy but a lot of fun

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Nice view of the harbor, easy trail.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

this trail was a little difficult going up and down the hills but was a really nice trail

Sunday, February 28, 2016

It says you can bring dogs on the app, but the park does not allow it.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

My wife and I picked up the trail behind the conservancy office. We had the trail map and at the end of the field we entered the woods on our right. I guess we left the Sanctuary and ended up on some greenbelt trails. The trail is poorly marked and as you go further into the woods it becomes crowded. Runners, people with dogs and other hikers. This is the most crowded trail I have been on. On Route 108 and Lawrence Hill there are different entrances for the Greenbelt and that must be where the people were coming from.

A lot of the trails ended up in dead ends or up against rich person's property line. We saw a couple of large pools with pool houses and a tennis court.

We ended up over near Route 108 and turned around and went back. We had to use the Google satellite app to find our way back to a point on the trail we could recognize.

There are definitely some elevations and I would describe the terrain as rugged. I would give this a moderate rating.

A good workout but frustrating when you can't be sure where you are going.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Great walk, pretty short we managed to find a loop trail. Easy to follow trail markers. Took my dog, he loved it.