Nassau-Suffolk Trail: Cold Spring Harbor to Uplands Farm Sanctuary

Nassau-Suffolk Trail: Cold Spring Harbor to Uplands Farm Sanctuary is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cold Spring Harbor, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Great Long Island trail. It was deceivingly steep for most of the beginning part. Not much for views besides the first half mile right out of the parking lot. I went during the week and only passed about ten pairs of people. Living on Long Island for my whole life, I’ll take it! Besides crossing two roads and one section where there is a metal fence, I actually felt like I was in the Catskills or some other remote area for most of the trail.

if you are looking for a short hike, but want a good workout this is the trail for you. for a short trail there are alot of peaks and valleys. one of my favorites.

This trails split into two parts, separated by Laurence Hill Rd. The vast majority of people do the side that starts in a large parking lot that on Harbor Road. This side has some fairly difficult hills, just enough that most people could still get through, but would also be exhausted by the end. The other starts on Laurence Hill Road (you can just park on the road). I almost never see people on this side because at the start of the trail there's a fence that makes it look less appealing. But once you get past the fence it's a very secluded hike, very woodsie, clearly marked, and far less hilly than the other side! For those of you getting a little tired of the same hike, or looking for something a little less challenging (but still a good workout), try the other side!!

Great trail. Lots of hills up and down. Awesome trial for a long island park

It's an easy uphill battle

very hilly, but great walk, just be aware parking can get filled fast and early.

Best Hiking Exercise available on Long Island. Lots of inclines and declines.

At least the upper mile of this trail makes for quite a challenging run. It's more than 500 feet total elevation over choppy / mixed terrain within the 2 mile loop. Though not much flat ground, it's very scenic. My run turned into more of a hike, but I'll be more prepared and will explore further south next time. Maybe it's an "Easy" hike, but this should probably be rated as Moderate.

this is the best trail in long island!!!

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Great trail that is part of the Nassau/Suffolk greenbelt trail. Lots of hills to keep your heart pumping. Scenic views of lakes in the distance. Most beautiful in fall with the leaves changing.

Monday, October 10, 2016

A decent forest trail that'll bring you up to an elevation overlooking beautiful Cold Spring Harbor... Some challenging grades, so bring your hiking poles...
Been there twice... Always a good hike when you're looking to spend a couple of hours outdoors...

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Nice family trail. Ups and downs but nothing crazy. Met some friendly people along the way.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

My husband and I have walked this at least every season, 4-5xs a yr, for 20+ yrs. We start a Conservancy & just wander the nearby fields & woods for hour or so. Lovely place...there's more to it, but have only done the CSH greenbelt part twice. Plan to do more soon. Peaceful & enjoyable, especially in winter when no one's arnd.☺

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Great well marked hiking trail.

Monday, April 25, 2016

It's was very easy but a lot of fun

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Nice view of the harbor, easy trail.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

this trail was a little difficult going up and down the hills but was a really nice trail

Sunday, February 28, 2016

It says you can bring dogs on the app, but the park does not allow it.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

My wife and I picked up the trail behind the conservancy office. We had the trail map and at the end of the field we entered the woods on our right. I guess we left the Sanctuary and ended up on some greenbelt trails. The trail is poorly marked and as you go further into the woods it becomes crowded. Runners, people with dogs and other hikers. This is the most crowded trail I have been on. On Route 108 and Lawrence Hill there are different entrances for the Greenbelt and that must be where the people were coming from.

A lot of the trails ended up in dead ends or up against rich person's property line. We saw a couple of large pools with pool houses and a tennis court.

We ended up over near Route 108 and turned around and went back. We had to use the Google satellite app to find our way back to a point on the trail we could recognize.

There are definitely some elevations and I would describe the terrain as rugged. I would give this a moderate rating.

A good workout but frustrating when you can't be sure where you are going.