Nassau-Suffolk Greenbelt Trail

Nassau-Suffolk Greenbelt Trail is a 12.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Woodbury, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

21 minutes ago

This trail sucks! Good luck following directions to trailhead. The section we walked was extremely narrow and unkept. Chigger town!

Actually started at Cold Spring Harbor and went down to Massapequa Park for a total of 19.3 miles. It's a pretty interesting trail. The north side of the island is very hilly, but from middle island downward it's all flat. I grew up on the island and never noticed there were trails running along some main roads and behind people's houses. I don't think there are many places you can experience trails like these. Of course due to the proximity to cars, houses and people, it's anything but serene, but it's a fun goal to accomplish. It took a little less than 8 hours to complete.

Great spot

This map doesn't show the entire trail. It starts in Massapequa

I began in Massapequa, and have been covering about 5 miles per day, with a return to my car. Each day I found an adequate stopping place, where I could drive to and then pick up the trail, until today. I am probably going to start from the end of the trail and hike to my finishing point today and back to my car. There are a few places were the markers are confusing.

This trail is pretty good. I usually start from the cold spring harbour end. The cold spring stretch gives you a really good workout. Few areas in between do tend to get swampy after the rain.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016