Nassau-Suffolk Greenbelt Trail

Nassau-Suffolk Greenbelt Trail is a 25.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Woodbury, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

I began in Massapequa, and have been covering about 5 miles per day, with a return to my car. Each day I found an adequate stopping place, where I could drive to and then pick up the trail, until today. I am probably going to start from the end of the trail and hike to my finishing point today and back to my car. There are a few places were the markers are confusing.

This trail is pretty good. I usually start from the cold spring harbour end. The cold spring stretch gives you a really good workout. Few areas in between do tend to get swampy after the rain.

Did it in 3hikes.

Kevin- Some portions are pretty narrow, as well as steep.

QUESTION: Former avid single track rider. Injured 4 years ago but finally getting back on the bike, actually a recumbent trike with mountain setup. Ready to start trying easy / moderate dirt off-road but I do not know if this trail is wide enough... my trike is approximately 2x width of reg bike. I have seen a lot of trails miss categorized trails.

Thanks. Any other bent riders in the ny / long island area?

If you are looking for a challenging trail run on Long Island this is for you. Most of the running/ hiking portion is seperated from the mountain bike trails. The portion by Cold Spring Harbor is the most difficult . The Long Island Greater running Club has a 25K and 50K trail race every year

Best hiking between Cold Spring Harbor and Woodbury. South of that it flattens out to a nice walk. :)

Great ride large area close to most things , maintained decently lits of fun.

This is a great ride from bethpage to Stillwell. I can't venture the whole way anymore. Too old ha ha but years ago when it was less eroded I would. A great workout. Especially when you hit the fifth section north of bethpage.