Mountain Laurel Loop Trail

Mountain Laurel Loop Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sag Harbor, New York that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Lovely winter day hike. Not too cold to hike but cool enough to keep the ticks at bay. Did this one counterclockwise; made a right at the fork. Woodsy and secluded yet well maintained. My rough collie Scully was in her glory. Pleasantly surprised that there was more meandering and hills than I expected, but just follow the blue diamond trail markers throughout and you're golden. Got a nice view of the bay and North Fork and golf course at the northern most point of the trail. Definitely going back.

Great trail. Did this one solo on my lunch break from work. Took a little longer then I expected, but well worth it. Lots of hills which made for a good workout. Lots of squirrel, saw a deer too. Seemed to be several trails, which had me uncertain which was which at first. but the all trails recorder helped me out. Overall a great hike and will do it again.

Friday, May 12, 2017

I liked it. Real woodsy. It felt secluded for most of the hike. It's harder than it looks. Very windy with subtle hills that make you feel like you've had a good workout by the time you're done.

Friday, June 17, 2016