Mount Colvin and Blake Peak Trail is a 13.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Keene, New York that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Great 15 mile hike on May 9. Dealt with several different conditions: mud, snow (two feet), slush. Ice and running water. Conditions kicked my ass. Had to rest about 2 hours during hike which made my hike last 11 1/2 hours. That is 2 1/2 hours longer then I estimated.

Very scenic hike. Gill brook trail probably has the best stretch of water that.I have seen. One little waterfall after another. Great views from Colvin. Only views on Blake are if you turn around on the ascend. No view from summit.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Gill Brook trail is one of my favourite in all of the ADKs. It's soft and scenic. The last 1.1 miles to Colvin feel like twice that, and I bonked my head on a fallen log. Trail between Colvin and Blake is very steep but nothing too sketchy. My total time & distance is from the farthest spot in the parkinglot, not the trailhead.
Great view from Colvin, no view from Blake.

Friday, October 20, 2017