Mount Arab Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tupper Lake, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mt. Arab is a short 0.7 mile scenic hike in the Adirondacks on a nice moderate trail. There is also a fire tower at the top that provides excellent views. Mt Arab has been a very popular and accessible hiking destination for generations because of the spectacular views from the fire tower. You can view Tupper Lake and Mount Morris to the southeast, the Adirondack High Peaks to the east, The Raquette River valley to the north, Horseshoe Lake Wild Forest to the southwest, and Mt Arab Lake and Eagle Crag Lake to the west. Nice easy 2mile RT hike that is great for the kids.

This was the 1st Fire Tower of the Fire Tower Challenge for my boy and I. He had just turned 5 when we did it, and he had no trouble.

Fairly short and has a fantastic view. I think i was lucky that this was the first mountain that we did, because he loved it, and it made him want to come back for more.

Short, easy hike to a fire tower. Goes uphill the entire way but it's not that far anyway so shouldn't be too much trouble for most people/animals (no scrambling).

We went on a Saturday around dusk hoping to catch the sunset, and expected it to be very crowded since it's only a short distance from Tupper Lake. Instead we had the place completely to ourselves, and got a stunning view of the sunset from the tower. I don't know if we just got lucky or if earlier rain had scared people off, but it was lovely. At the summit you won't get much of a view if you're not in the fire tower; there's one other small opening with a view close by, but otherwise the summit is surrounded by trees. So if it's super crowded in the parking lot, it might be rough going at the summit.

There was a cabin at the top that was locked, I don't know if that is open to public during the day.

Overall good effort-to-view hike assuming you're close by and it's not crowded.

It was a great challenge! Fun to climb. The views weren’t there for us due to overcast and clouds.( 9/2 )All together It was still a tough hike up for my wife and I. We made it to the summit in 27 minutes and down in 28. We are in our late 20s and newer to hiking!

We started our day (8/25/18) with Arab for the triad. We all enjoyed this hike. My daughter (10) said this was her favorite of the day. Nice and fairly easy hike from start to finish. Summit and fire tower views were gorgeous. Loved the steward and his newfoundland pups; great with children and very informative. We pulled in to trailhead at 9:50am, summit approximately 10:45, and were back in the car at 11:35. Great starting hike for the triad!

Great hike for my family! Somewhat challenging for my 9 and 6 year old but nothing unattainable! The view at the top, including from the fire tower and the nearby bench were wonderful even on a hazy day! The trails were well marked and a nice blend of natural rocks, small slopes, tree roots, etc. Watch your step and you will be good!

Very nice short hike. The Steward was very nice and informative. Not my favorite fire tower view, but still quite nice.

Absolutely amazing hike and work out! I’m in fairly decent shape already but this made my thighs burn a little and I had a nice sweat by the time I reached the top. It took me an hour with 3 stops for water. On the way back down I didn’t stop and made it in 27 min. It’s all up the mountain and lots of rocks and roots. Not too many places are flat until you get closer to the top. The view is incredible. Make sure you go to the top of the fire tower and take pictures. You won’t want to miss that! I will be back again!

Nice hike. Brought friends and kids (3 and 5 yrs old). This was the first hike ever for the kids and they did great! 5 year old walked the whole way and the 3 yr old made it almost the whole way up, and did make it the whole way down. Volunteer at the cabin at the top wrote them little certificates for climbing the fire tower, which the kids LOVED. Hiked as first of the Tupper Lake Triad.

not much to add from other reviews. i did go on a cloudy, light rainy day and still had a great time. bring your camera.

Exceptionally well-maintained and marked trail. If you are in decent shape this will not seem particularly steep at all. The fire tower is in very good shape and offers the best views on this mountains. However, if you are not up to climbing the tower for whatever reason, there are two very good lookouts with benches and big rocks with which to view the mountains, lakes, and rivers in the distance. Great hike!

Great hike. Well marked except read the brochure during the hike if you want to know about the different plants/flowers. Starts off vertical and continues that way for most of the trail. Second fire tower of the day (first one was Cathedral Rock)

A good workout to finish the triad. Volunteer was very informative. Fire tower views amazing. Glad I went early as it’s a popular spot.

Excellent for the family with some incline. Views from top and fire tower were amazing. Volunteer and dogs at the top we’re an added bonus!

Hiked the TL Triad this morning. The weather was great and the hike up amazing. Mt. Arab was the first one of the three. The trail is very well maintained and lucky for us no bugs since we started when it was 40 degrees.

We completed the Triad on Arab. Nice maintained trail. Not a huge deal but the sign says it's a mile up, not 7/10th of a mile. Small bench at the lookout. Good view from the tower and a cabin. We ate lunch on the porch. I also munched on a few mouthful's of gnats. They were out in full force.

Well maintained, summit steward to give info, terrific views, fire tower, and cabin. Outstanding.

Did as part of the Tupper Lake Triad today. All 3 little mountains is just under 8 miles. Fun to do all 3 in one day. Very short hike 2.2 miles total. Great views from summit. There is a fire tower but if you do not like them you do not need to climb it to have good views. Look for the little benches to see great views.

The last of three for the day. Great climb. need spikes. There is a fire tower on top.

Great little trail to start off snowshoeing in the ADK mountains. Had to break the trail today starting halfway up due to the recent snowfall. Pretty good traction though with the fresh snow. Very little ice to deal with. Sunny today so there was a great view at the top!

Cute hike in the snow. Short n sweet with great view. Did as part of triad on Thanksgiving

Great Thanksgiving hike with my daughter and husband. Really lovely views from the fire tower. Wonderful way to spend a morning. ~ 1 hour round trip + 30 enjoying the views. A little ice and some wet spots, but mostly packed snow.

Nice hike as part of the triad. Did with my hubby on Thanksgiving. Nice snow coverage. Decent view.

Nice hike, a little snow and pretty icy at some points. Beautiful views at the top, the updated outhouse was definitely a bonus!

Sunday, November 12, 2017

A little bit of snow and ice, but no issues getting to the top. Great views.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Great views from the firetower, but very windy.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

went up Arab before Columbus day so my husband could help mount a flag on the fire tower....wicked gusty windy day....beautiful hike...great mountain for kids and beginner hukers

Saturday, October 14, 2017

This is an excellent trail for beginners or people looking for an easy hike. The trail is short and well maintained, and not particularly steep. The views from the top are great and the observation tower gives a very clear view of the surrounding waters and mountains.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Great climb with the kiddos (3yr-15yr) and my sister. My 2nd of the Adirondack Fire Tower Challenge. The views were breathtaking even in the pouring rain. The gentleman at the top and his two Newfoundlands were great to visit with. He asked my oldest to please bring the flag in from the top of the tower as it was his last day on the mountain for the season.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Great hike for the family. Gentlemen up top with two great dogs, plus the Fire Tower and the views makes this hike worth it.

Friday, September 29, 2017

I was a great short hike with great views