Mohawk-Hudson Bike and Hike Trail

Mohawk-Hudson Bike and Hike Trail is a 29.7 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Schenectady, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Completed this trail with my girlfriend on bikes and it was extremely pleasant. We chose to do just half and stayed west of Schenectady. Absolutely awesome with a little views and plenty of places to sit and take a break.

Perfect for us and our chihuahua!

Idk if I’ve gone to the right place, but for where I went the trail is literally just a trail...Good for pulling out mind though.

is there parking space?

I live near the Canal Trail in Niskayuna and love it. The view of the Mohawk when traveling from Blatnick Park east towards the Hudson River is beautiful in any season and part of my bike commute to Albany. Yes, there may be times when you have to share the trail and be courteous with walkers, skaters and little kids but we all need to share such a beautiful trail system. I've ridden it from Buffalo to Albany and the section from the Rexford Bridge in Schenectady to the Waterford Flight of Locks is my favorite especially when you spend time riding the dirt trail around Peebles Island and Exploring the dirt trails around Cohoes Falls. Highly Recommended!

Too many people on bikes & in wheelchairs trying to run me over. Great array of birds!

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Great flat paved trail for biking and running. Trees lining most of the trail provide some nice shade.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Leisurely walk next to the river on flat ground; great for biking or walking the dog. Nice that you have the option for a short or long walk.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Only walked the Cohoes-Watervliet end of the trail. Very nice, flat and plenty to look at. Motivated me to buy a bike and get on it this summer....

Friday, December 23, 2016

I have ridden every inch of this Mohawk-Hudson Bike Hike trail from Albany to Rotterdam, with great joy. It is mostly a rail-trail on one of the first train lines in the USA. It is also the eastern end of the Erie Canalway Trail which goes to Buffalo with a few on-road breaks.

recorded Lock 7 park