Michael Ciaiola Conservation Area Trail

Michael Ciaiola Conservation Area Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Patterson, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice trails, cool waterfalls and little ponds. Trails aren't too narrow (most places) which makes it easier to avoid ticks. Trails are well marked. My dog and I enjoyed our hike and will definitely be back.

Took the blue path up and red back down based on other reviews. All accurate that blue is more difficult. I wish I had more time to explore. I thought the trails were well marked. There were no trail maps, but I went online and downloaded a PDF from the Putnam county website.

Trails themselves were fine. Nice waterfall and some scenic viewpoints. Downsides were no trail maps, a sign of the trails that appeared to be drawn by a 10 year old, very confusing to follow. Wouldn't say this was hard, more easy to moderate

Narrow trails with lots of little adventures along the way. Had a ton of fun exploring.

Amazing and so beautiful and relaxing. The water fall is just perfect.

This trail up to the mountain is amazing! !!

Good hills for running

As easy or hard as you would like to make it. Follow the Red Markers for a slightly easier hike to the waterfalls and the Blue for a nice challenging one. We started on the Blue and finished on the Red. I cut it short due to rain coming but it was a nice hike and nice scenery along the way. Definitely one to do!

Offers some strenuous ascents. Plenty of options, allowing you to make it as easy or difficult as you like.

Great spot and make sure to visit the neighboring Great Hollow Nature Preserve

Excellent hiking, great trail running and good mountain biking segments. Well marked with blazes and typically low traffic. Offers some challenging elevation gains sections on the blue blaze trail.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

This hike is super!

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Very nice walk through the woods! The trails are marked well and we did the blue/red/orange/yellow/red trail for 5.4 miles. We saw only 3 people in the parking lot that we never saw again. There was a man with 3 children coming in while we were leaving. We were going to do a trail along the Hudson, but after reading how crowded they get... this was PERFECT! It was also perfect in that it is 9/10 and to remember those fallen on 9/11, 15 years ago, was fitting.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

The view was amazing! My boyfriend and I did this trail. We took the path that was extremely steep at first a bit hard but very nice. The view was worth the hike. Breathtaking. The water wasn't flowing much when we went as well. A little sad but hopefully next time it will be flowing more

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Kids were happy to put feet in water on red trail. Hiked blue trail back to parking, pretty steep

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Dog friendly kid friendly fun

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Nice trails; fairly challenging.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Nice trails, well maintained. I use them often with my dog for hiking and dog walks. Something for everyone here. From the parking lot on Haviland Hollow: the red triangle trail is a mostly level but tends to get boggy in wet weather. The solid red trail is a bit more uphill but manageable. Both lead to a scenic waterfall. The blue triangle and solid blue have much steeper inclines and are much better suited for avid hikers. These lead up to the orange and yellow trails which have wonderful view points and a 9/11 memorial. The updated maps are much appreciated.

Saturday, December 19, 2015

nice area with trails of varying difficulty. The overlook is beautiful in the summer with loads of wild blueberries on the way.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Blue trail is challenging.