Meadowlark Trail

Meadowlark Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Northport, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Intermediate to advanced single track with many logs to ride over. Tight, twisty and technical terrain with some hills to climb. It's a one way loop, follow blue blazes. Horses may be on fire road crossings, speak up and be courteous.

You can either hike/trail run or mountain bike this trail, both are great times!

There are lots of twists and turns in the trail that keep you engaged. And logs are set up to create hills or obstacles.

Some fun things to stumble upon include a shelter made of pine tree branches, evergreen trees decorated for the holidays, and interesting metal debris that could be old car parts or not. Deer/wildlife and foliage are great for viewing here.

I hiked this on a rainy day and the tree cover kept me relatively dry. The pine needles kept the trail soft and stoped it from getting muddy.

Excellent single track trail. Decent signage and great log climbing. Late season growth but otherwise top notch.
Wish they would extend to the west. Potential is endless. Great place with great parking.

great trail took 16 yr old and 13 yr old they were tired but finished and had fun

Hiking, was looking for a trail with some nice elevation changes. Good work out for a 76 year old. First hill about 1/4 mile from start is an ass kicker, good time. Ill be back, prepping for a September hike fir 4 days in the Grand canyon with my granddaughter. Plenty of time to get in shape.
Philly876

Trail markings could have been better.

Blazed primarily for riders; if planning on hiking, be aware of your surroundings. Good variety of terrain and a good, physically engaging trail. Give riders respect and receive it in return.

Great trail-awesome to get a solid workout in on limited time. Really fun features.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Definitely not a beginner trail haha! Lots of logs and sharp turns, narrow spots. It was difficult but still doable. If you're a beginner who's willing to get a couple scrapes and have some laughs, go for it. If you're a regular mountain biker who likes the challenge, this is for you.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Good times!

Thursday, April 20, 2017

This is one of my favorite places to mtn bike, takes about 40-50min, all kinds of terrain features, I like the posted Greek themes, wood nymph, hero, etc, its a great place to ride toward sunset. I'm there almost every couple weeks. Every season it looks and feels different.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Good narrow walking trail - lots of twists and turns and wood stairs - best in cooler weather
Primarily used by mountain bikers - if you see more than 3-4 cars with bike racks in parking area, heads up for bikes.

Monday, December 05, 2016

I ride this trail a lot, and the mix of tech terrain, obstacles, and climbs makes it really interesting. The red loop with the concrete is a nice challenge, and the trail stewards are always adding something new.

Monday, August 22, 2016

I liked very good track, has some very technical sections .. I missed lungs jejejjee

Friday, July 22, 2016

I had a blast with my girlfriends. Granted it was a hot day but we persevered and finished it! I think I made two non-hikers into hikers. Maybe. Lol Not sure. Definitely something to do again in the early fall. I give it 3 stars just for the heat and lack of as much scenery. It's more of an intense biker trail!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

This is probably an excellent biking workout - I'd say it's moderate for hiking, but hard for biking. I hiked the trail. There's not a lot of flat areas - most of the time you're either going uphill or downhill. Don't let my rating discourage you, there just isn't a lot to see making it "good", but not "great" or "exceptional".

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Wandered around these trails as a teen...glad they're still there.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Really nice trails. It has a whole lot of trails ranging in difficulty. Some are easy and some are hard.

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Great trail, great work out. It's short but lots of turns and obstacles. I loved it. Can't wait to hit again next week. Go easy your first time cause you never know what's around the bend.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

a fun, technical trail but a lot of poison ivy. other than that its a great trail !

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Biked Meadowlark today and it was amazing; I am able to crush Stillwell; today Meadowlark crushed me. The new double black diamond was the hardest challenge I have had in a long time; found myself walking quite a bit. The main loop is loaded with log obstacles, whoop dee doos, tight trees and quick turns; definitely had me thinking more than usual. Not sure if it was the heat or what but the workout I got was awesome!!

I'd say Meadowlark and Glacier Ridge are the best LI has to offer.

Oh, the trail is marked very well so no worries on getting lost....

Saturday, August 31, 2013

This is a great trail. Short but lots of logs and climbs. Clean trails and not a lot of riders as far as I can tell. A must if you have the energy to do this trail and wither Glacier trail before or after.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Great trail overall nice flow. Not too demanding on cardio however If you're prone to falling when riding over logs and dippy doo’s wear your elbow pads.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The only thing that would have made this trail perfect if it were a little faster. However it was challenging not impossible and fun. Definitly NOT A beginner trail. Trail was 5 mile loop. Lots of hills, tight turns, downhills and log rolls. Singletracks were pretty essy to follow. Definitly recommend this trail to anyone who wants to have a quick workout while perfecting there craft.

recorded Meadowlark Trail