Meadowlark Trail is a 3.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Northport, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 134 feet Route Type: Loop

Intermediate to advanced single track with many logs to ride over. Tight, twisty and technical terrain with some hills to climb. It's a one way loop, follow blue blazes. Horses may be on fire road crossings, speak up and be courteous.

Bike Trail

This is a great trail .... lots of flow, some technical sections. I wish the larger trails on the island were more like this. Little short but great to get a quick ride in and you can always loop it twice. Really is 5 stars, but those tree gaps .... brutal.

The good - this trail system has a little bit of everything. Flowy singletrack, rolling logs, berms, jumps, switchbacks, challenging rooty climbs, a table top and a good amount of signs to guide you through. It will certainly test your balance and riding skills. Well maintained. Not so good - the trail is rather short. Under 4 miles. Very tight. Those that have wide handle bars...you have been warned. Overall this is a fun trail system. Challenging and will test the skills of every type of rider.

bike touring

do not go for a hike here. the trails are for bicycles and horses

This is a fantastic trail for mountain biking. It has a nice combination of technical elements, scenic stretches, just the right amount of elevation change and is better maintained than any trail we’ve ever ridden on! It wasn’t overly technical - my kids even thought that some level sections got a little boring. And it’s meandering paths wouldn’t make very good hiking trails. The trail isn’t rocky at all. In fact, it’s sandy soils seem to drain very well - it rained a fair amount the day before and the trails were mainly dry. Today was our first time but we’ll definitely be back!

Great trail for mountain biking. Saw a bunch of guys in the trail doing trail maintenance which was great to see. That be said, a bit boring for hiking but made the best of it with the kids. We found a little makeshift shelter on the trail. That was fun for the kiddos.

Great trail for the family, we brought our dog with us as well. Only thing is please check you and your animals when you get home! Found 5 ticks on my dog.

Typically very clean however after last night storm, there are some small branches/limbs down. Will clear later today.

It was really nice. It felt safe and the trails were easy to locate with signs

It's a good trail, nice wooded private area decent size considering the area it's in its a good hike to do if you live nearby! If you're looking for a real deal hike though I wouldn't go here, the only slight downside is there are so many cross trails that aren't marked I didn't really know which way to go Everytime I came to one lol but it was still a nice little hike with my dog

Excelente para ciclismo de montaña, es el mejor qué he visitado por el momento, muy bien cuidado. Se recomienda bicicletas de doble suspensión para mayor disfrute.

Even it is rated as moderate, it is tough trail with some log obstacles. Big elevation changes. But this trial offers fantastic exercise. Lot of thrills, sweat and occasional fall down. Great fun place.

It’s not a bad ride by any means and it’s close to home. I’m looking for more fast, flowy layouts that are a better mix of pedal and down hill. It’s a great workout, some technical spots that you gain some valuable riding experience. Can be muddy after it rains

Tricky. First time out in over 20 years. I went after it rained so things were obviously slicker than normal. Fun but not a forgiving trail.

We tried desperately to go hike on this trail. The GPS on our phones kept taking us into the VA Center repeatedly and we couldnt find the trail or the park or anything. Can anyone tell us how to find the trail??? Thanks!!

Primarily a bike trail but no issues for hikers. Trail is easy to navigate and well maintained.

Just getting back in to mountain biking. I ridden Bethpage and Stillwell over the years, but Meadowlark is my new favorite. Whoever maintains it THANK YOU!!! it’s in amazing shape.

Sat May 11 2019

Emmie eats shit

Thu May 09 2019

Front tire started twisting the opposite way of my handlebars, oh and my seat came right off, so that was fun! Great trail. Had to walk to features. But very fun and well built

Fri Apr 12 2019

Trail was very technical tight turns up and down hill and a dozen places to get a little air time