Horizon Hill Section - Crescent Trail

Horizon Hill Section - Crescent Trail is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Pittsford, New York that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Peaceful walk in the woods. We parked at the Garnsey Road lot, and hiked on the south side. The trails are very well marked and well maintained. The Orange trail has lots of ups and downs. We hiked the Orange trail to the overlook and returned by way of the Blue.

Nice trail. My 3 year old son was able to navigate the inclines and descents of the orange trail.(w/ a lil help) So peaceful walking through the woods.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

I park at Garnsey rd, head south. Have done the south portion 3 or 4 times in fall and winter, never the same route. Once went all the way to Moseley rd, past the Woodcliff hotel where there is a nice overlook / photo spot / helicopter pad (ok probably not but it looks like one). Good elevation change, will get the heart rate up if you keep up a good pace. Taking/harvesting a couple walking poles/sticks helps get the arms and back into the workout on the hills and helps with the occasional slippery spot. Expect to spot the occasional deer, and at least a few friendly fellow hikers. Yes you can hear I-490 from pretty much the entire trail but that also serves to establish your bearing if you need it. Not sure how to get out? just walk toward the road noise, or downhill (same result) and then go right and you'll end up back at the Garnsey rd trailhead. This is about the only trail I've found in the area with a good amount of up and down (a few in Powder Mill Park have steep hills but are smaller and shorter). All in all a nice 1 to 2 hour hike.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Decent hike. Could hear cars from the highway. Pretty difficult to find parking. We eventually parked at the crescent trail entrance on Garnsey Rd. Orange trail was nice and led to the overlook of Bushnell Basin.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Nice quick hike

Saturday, August 06, 2016

If u follow the orange trail, not a loop...plan on a long out n back. Marked very clearly for first few miles, then not so much. A good workout, plenty of steep ups n downs. Overall a great hike.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Sucked. Forgot bug spray and got eaten alive. Gave two stars because the trails were nice, steep at times, but well marked. There wasn't a map on location so I wandered pretty aimlessly. Probably wouldn't go back, not any nice sights.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Nice trail but the traffic noise from I90 ruins it a little bit.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

I had a hard time finding a place to park but when I did ( I parked at Kreag Rd. Park ) it was a great hike! Like other people mentioned- very hilly!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Good trail. One of the better marked trails in the area. You can get 5 miles easy if you do the ENTIRE southern portion of Crescent trail down to Moseley rd and back. We actually started at Moseley and went up past Garnsey then turn around after realizing if we went all the way to Kraeg Rd it would've been more like 10 miles.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Steep hills! Super fun!

Friday, December 25, 2015

You have to cross Garnsey and do the north section to Kreag Rd to get 5 miles. We usually just do the South climb to the view at the Woodcliff. It's neat to see our neighborhood across the valley, plus the view of Rochester is unique. Would rate it at moderate since it's not flat.

Friday, December 25, 2015

Beautiful area, and friendly people Were the highlights. The trail has decent trails that are well worn due to the fairly high traffic through the many short hiking trials. The difficulty label of Hard is inappropriate because the climbs were not challenging enough for this rating. To achieve any distance you will have to continually intertwine trails, while retracing your steps, or doubling back over, no fun. I thought that it would have been much more challenging than it was. I left disappointed.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Excellent trail - We're prepping for hiking Mt. Marcy and wanted to train on a local trail with some elevation. Very nice nature trail with good trail markers. Not sure where the five mile loop distance came from - maybe we missed something. We really enjoyed hiking this trail - we'll definitely come back...

Sunday, May 04, 2014

Very Hilly and Windy Trail that you can feel like you are lost when really you just need to keep walking and you will eventually find the Woodcliff Hotel or the parking lot off garnsey where you started. Great for walking dogs (even though they are on leash)

Only found one spot with a decent view but still a great hidden gem.

Sunday, February 19, 2017