This preserve is a collaboration with Greene Land Trust and Scenic Hudson. For a brand new trail(opened last month,) I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. First things first: getting there: google maps was way off on where this was far as when it was giving me directions. Snake Road veers off to the left of West Main as you’re heading to Jefferson Heights. Snake Road is aptly named because it is narrow and serpentine. You’ll see the trail sign and a parking area to the right. The first thing I noticed was when I started the trail, I could see houses and hear loud music and talking. Not a great start. It did finally recede. The trail in places was very overgrown with only a narrow track in the middle of waist high grass. Anyone in tick areas knows this isn’t great. Be careful with your footing here because I nearly stepped on a snake and a turtle. The red flares are placed frequently. The only confusing part was near the riverfront views. It seemed a trail went off to the left but no flares and private property signs so I guess not. The forest trails were wide and clear. This is a mile loop trail. So, okay, but I definitely think the grass trails could be better mown/maintained.