Mattison Hollow Trail

Mattison Hollow Trail is a 5.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Berlin, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The trail maintains a nice grade for 2.7 miles up to the ridge where it intersects the Taconic Ridge Trail.

A fine, well marked trail with pretty waterfalls.

Terribly marked, feels like you're on private property, hard to find, dog that lives at the house next to the trailer was adorable trying to bark us away. We just put our hands up and looked terrified to make him feel strong. Pretty little pools of water though.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Thursday, August 25, 2016

A very nice gradual ascent to the Taconic crest Trail with a nice swimming hole about a mile from the trailhead just a warning there was a ground hornet nest right on the trail. Ouch. Stung 10 times

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Friday, August 12, 2016

I got to say this was a fun moderate trail. It start off with it changing elevation up and down. Once you get around 2.4 miles it starts to get steep and the ascent truly begins. Me and my brother did this and we had to stop a few things to catch our breath. Overall it was a challenge for us and it could be rated as hard. There was a nice small waterfall that we got to see but nothing at the end but a branch off to two other trails.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Posted on both sides of road. There isn't even a trailhead anywhere near the location market this app takes you to

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Monday, July 18, 2016

Nice day out. Hike was very cool as most of it is in the shade. That being said it was very buggy and those who did not wear bug repellent had a hard time. The trail was clearly marked and easily passable. Parking is limited I would say 3 car max or 2 larger vehicles. It's just a small pull off on the road right across from the trail . The waterfall was decent and was easily spotted from the trail. It had rained in the morning so the trail was covered with salamanders .

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Easy hike with a a very short steep incline until you meet Taconic trail. I passed the trail at first, not any big signs to tell you where trail starts but across from trail there is a spot to park maybe 2-3 cars on dirt road. Two places to go down to stream and see water. But that's about it. No viewpoint at top.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

I took my wife to this trail, also called the Taconic Crest Trail. There is a small parking lot part way up on the left on Mattison Hollow Rd. The trail is well groomed by DEC and not very difficult. Wife was annoyed by some insects but loved the waterfall. There was also a lot of white rock - quartz?, used for rock walls.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Made it 1.5 miles past the last waterfall till we seen 2 Cubs immediately turned around about a mile later seen the mom on our way back standing on a ridges looking down at us. So close to the crest. Did see Fresh scat on the trail- real fresh. Other then that good hike.

Monday, April 18, 2016

nice easy hike, very little traffic, very limited parking.

Friday, January 01, 2016

Friday, December 04, 2015

I loved this trail, it was a steady uphill walk and the last stretch to where it Mets the taconic ridge trail was quite challenging and steep. I did it in late November with my dog and he loved it too, can't wait to go back in the summer...