Learn more

Lucien Moren Park Loop Trail from Knollbrook Road

moderate(29)
Lucien Morin Park

Lucien Moren Park Loop Trail from Knollbrook Road is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Penfield, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.9 miles Elevation Gain: 629 feet Route Type: Loop

Note: Trail is well marked starting from the EAST side of the bay. Hike south from the beginning of the bay by MacGregors bar and as soon as you you hit the road turn around and hike back.

A positive out of covid-19. Lots of families out hiking.

I would highly advise against this. There is no marking to where the trail starts. My partner and I had to ask several people where the trail started (this trail is located in a residential neighborhood, so these were all tenants we asked) and all but one had no idea there was even a trail around there. When we finally found the head of the trail, which is not clear at all, there were no path markers, maps, or signs whatsoever. This trail is obviously just some people who decided to make it a trail... but it’s not actually a real hiking trail. Along the hike, there were spider webs everywhere since the trail is so rarely used. Then, suddenly, the trail ended in the MIDDLE OF THE FOREST. My partner and I had no idea how to get back to where we started and we got lost for an hour. We ended up at a local dump and walked through busy streets to get back to the neighborhood where our car was parked.

Sun Nov 19 2017

Trail is well marked on the east side of the bay. The west side of the bay is not marked at all and you will have to walk on the road twice if you chose to hike the loop. My recommendation is hike south from the beginning of the bay by MacGregors bar and as soon as you hit the road turn around and hike back, don't do the loop.

Sun Jul 16 2017

I hiked this trail today. While some parts were really scenic, the trail itself is a mess. There is one section that is well marked, but the remainder requires a lot of guessing as to which paths to follow, and there are many turn offs around. I used this app to keep me on the trail, and good thing I did, otherwise I would have been lost. At one point the trail dumps you in the parking lot of McGregors on Empire Blvd and you need to walk close to a mile on Empire Blvd to get back into the woods. Dangerous and definitely not scenic.

Mon Mar 25 2019