Lower Schoharie Creek

Lower Schoharie Creek is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Schoharie, New York that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for walking, bird watching, and fishing.

Distance: 0.6 miles Elevation Gain: 32 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Was a little disappointed, the profile pic of a waterfall for this trail is misleading. It would make you think there are waterfalls. There definitely are not. I really wouldn't even call it much of a trail, it's more just a dirt road that leads down to the Schoharie Creek. Maybe 0.1/0.2 miles long. The starting point shown on this trail's map is also misleading. There is no parking where the start of this trail is shown. You have to drive down to the creek for actual parking. That's where this trail should start on the map. Then there is no trail, per se, you just walk along the creek. I wouldn't say it is anything to make a special trip out to. They have it listed as 0.6, but it's really only 0.4 miles, we went a little farther than is marked, as you can see from our recording. We're going to see if AllTrails can change the profile pic for this hike.

Sun Oct 08 2017

Very disappointing, not much of a trail...

Wed Sep 20 2017

On All Trails I saw the beautiful pictures of waterfalls. I followed the directions which brought wife and I to a private dirt road. We walked down what looked like a farm road to the Schoharie Creek which was a very placid lazy Creek. Hardly a ripple. Not even any elevation for a waterfall. Many miles driven for nothing. Very disappointing.

Tue Dec 29 2015