Lower Schoharie Creek

Lower Schoharie Creek is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Schoharie, New York that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for walking, birding, and fishing.

Very disappointing, not much of a trail...

On All Trails I saw the beautiful pictures of waterfalls. I followed the directions which brought wife and I to a private dirt road. We walked down what looked like a farm road to the Schoharie Creek which was a very placid lazy Creek. Hardly a ripple. Not even any elevation for a waterfall. Many miles driven for nothing. Very disappointing.

I am not sure if this the name placed we were at today. Wish I had recorded the trail. It was a surprised hike with my boyfriend. So the pictures posted hopefully are of the stated placed, Schohaire Preserve Creek
I liked this hike but would advised if with children take trail starting across the road as it descends, at bottom will see a larger body of water, "Summit Lake?" continue along the trail and cross the road again and will see several water falls.
Muddy today due to season. Spent a lot of time on this small area and were in awe of its scenery. Nice time ... no flies ... but sure due to season.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015