Long Path to Ramapo-Dunderbuerg, White Bar and RD Loop Trail

Long Path to Ramapo-Dunderbuerg, White Bar and RD Loop Trail is a 10.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tuxedo, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I used the Waze navigation app to get to the trailhead. Once at the parking lot, there were blazes for two different trails but neither one was marked with the name of the trail. All I could do was pick one and follow it. I never found out what trail I was actually on, though I travelled it for over two hours before turning around.
The trails need some maintenance work. There are trees down across the trail in several places. At times, blazes became difficult to locate. Blazes should be marked more often. I found one nice waterfall from melting snow. I saw three hawks, a blue jay, and a rabbit. All in all, not much to see.

Sunday, November 13, 2016