Letchworth Finger Lakes Trail via Mount Morris Dam

Letchworth Finger Lakes Trail via Mount Morris Dam is a 18.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mt Morris, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

rock climbing

1 Letchworth State park Castile, NY 14427 Phone: (585) 493 3600

One of the Best trails in Western NY !!! It has 3 of the most beautiful waterfalls in NY alone. The trails can be quite challenging and can be lengthy depending on how much you want indulge. Its been awhile since I've hiked there (I can't believe I haven't written a review yet) but I have to say that Letchworth is my overall favorite so far. The most beautiful in the spring and breathtaking in the fall with its autumn foliage. The gorge is picturesque and almost unreal. The longest hike I've done in one day is 14 miles... I went out 7 miles and did a turnaround. The trail goes through a small town in Wyoming County. Last time I was there it had a few antique shops and a mom and pop diner... not sure if its still there. Theres also a ice cream shack nearby on the main road (definitely worth the trip. I haven't fished there but theres plenty of it. A great location for couples and families. I also did the whitewater rafting one summer ... Fun Fun Fun !!! Haven't done the hot air ballon but I hear the overhead view is breathtaking. If you're ever that way, you gotta go check it out, even if its only to watch the waterfalls. One of the best hikes in NY.

Love this park! So much to see!

The Letchworth Trail runs along the east side of the gorge and offers a great hiking experience. There are a coupe lean to's along the trail for overnight camping as well. The parking area is on the Visitor Center Rd with very nice overlooks of the gorge the first 3 miles of the trail, there are multiple access points along River Rd as well. Excellent views of the falls can be seen at the most southern end of the trail, but because of work on the trestle the trail is closed in this area for summer of 2017. Please note that most of the photos and reviews attached here to this trail are of Letchworth State Park and not of The Letchworth Trail. This is one of my favorite trails in the WNY area to hike.

Hiked a couple of miles with my family just before Christmas. It was very snowy but the park and hike was beautiful.

One of the best trails in the park crosses over the lower falls footbridge and ends up running on top of portions of The Finger Lakes Trail. Gorgeous park!

Chipmunk Trail is fun! True to its name, loads of chips munking all over the place

Once we got off the touristy sight seeing path it was a great bit of fun. They have 20 trails at letchworth, so do your research before going so that you pick the trail that will beat suit you. Gorgeous.

Hiked for about 3 miles off trail. Waterfalls and natural swimming pools. Definitely do it again someday. Going to many other parks first though before I'd go back.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016