Letchworth Finger Lakes Trail via Mount Morris Dam

Letchworth Finger Lakes Trail via Mount Morris Dam is a 18.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mt Morris, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1948 feet
Point to Point

rock climbing

1 Letchworth State park Castile, NY 14427 Phone: (585) 493 3600

Beautiful Park! The dam was dry due to low water flow but the waterfalls were flowing nicely.

My girlfriend and I had a great time on the trails and at the falls. Camp grounds were nice and neighbors pleasent. I recommend this park to all because it has something for everyone. Enjoy folks, she's a beauty!

many beautiful views. the trail was very technical with amazing climbs and descents. my main gripe is the sketchy creek crossings. After you get past the lean to, there are several creek crossings which need to be navigated off the bike. This factor ruins the flow and saps the strength of the rider. all in all it was a pretty epic ride. And watch out for coydogs. I heard several in close proximity to the trail.

One of the Best trails in Western NY !!! It has 3 of the most beautiful waterfalls in NY alone. The trails can be quite challenging and can be lengthy depending on how much you want indulge. Its been awhile since I've hiked there (I can't believe I haven't written a review yet) but I have to say that Letchworth is my overall favorite so far. The most beautiful in the spring and breathtaking in the fall with its autumn foliage. The gorge is picturesque and almost unreal. The longest hike I've done in one day is 14 miles... I went out 7 miles and did a turnaround. The trail goes through a small town in Wyoming County. Last time I was there it had a few antique shops and a mom and pop diner... not sure if its still there. Theres also a ice cream shack nearby on the main road (definitely worth the trip. I haven't fished there but theres plenty of it. A great location for couples and families. I also did the whitewater rafting one summer ... Fun Fun Fun !!! Haven't done the hot air ballon but I hear the overhead view is breathtaking. If you're ever that way, you gotta go check it out, even if its only to watch the waterfalls. One of the best hikes in NY.

Love this park! So much to see!

The Letchworth Trail runs along the east side of the gorge and offers a great hiking experience. There are a coupe lean to's along the trail for overnight camping as well. The parking area is on the Visitor Center Rd with very nice overlooks of the gorge the first 3 miles of the trail, there are multiple access points along River Rd as well. Excellent views of the falls can be seen at the most southern end of the trail, but because of work on the trestle the trail is closed in this area for summer of 2017. Please note that most of the photos and reviews attached here to this trail are of Letchworth State Park and not of The Letchworth Trail. This is one of my favorite trails in the WNY area to hike.

Hiked a couple of miles with my family just before Christmas. It was very snowy but the park and hike was beautiful.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

One of the best trails in the park crosses over the lower falls footbridge and ends up running on top of portions of The Finger Lakes Trail. Gorgeous park!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Chipmunk Trail is fun! True to its name, loads of chips munking all over the place

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Once we got off the touristy sight seeing path it was a great bit of fun. They have 20 trails at letchworth, so do your research before going so that you pick the trail that will beat suit you. Gorgeous.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Hiked for about 3 miles off trail. Waterfalls and natural swimming pools. Definitely do it again someday. Going to many other parks first though before I'd go back.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Letchworth is always an amazing time, no matter what challenging conditions. I went to college at Buffalo and this was one of my favorite hikes.

Thursday, August 08, 2013

One of my familys all time favorite places to hike. Letchworth Park is large and beautiful with stunning views of numerous falls and lovely river gorge. There are many trails in this park and a wonderful place to camp, take a hot air balloon ride, geocache, hike, cross country ski, white water raft... etc.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

This trail is absolutely one of my family's favorites, in the area, numerous stunning waterfalls and awesome fall foilage. Easily spend a day taking in the magnificent views.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Finger Lakes Trail Letchworth Branch is on east side of river. Start at north end near Mt. Morris Dam Visitor Center parking lot head south to Portageville. One way trail 17 miles long on the "wild" side of Letchworth.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

The seven miles (one way) Gorge Trail in Letchworth State Park.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Wonderful trails nice gorge and the falls were breath taking

whitewater kayaking
Sunday, September 19, 2010

My girlfriend and I did the white water rafting at Letchworth. It starts from near the Lower Falls and goes to St. Helena's. I was totally at ah just viewing the Gorge from another way. If you ever get a chance to do this. I say do it. Go to Adventure-Call Outfitters website; they are the ones that do this there.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Beautiful falls and scenery. Lush green hillsides peppered with wildflowers, and man-made stone walkways, stairs, and walls. Truly, an enjoyable park.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I love the view of the falls of the Wolf Creek Falls. I cant wait to go back to this trail. I love seeing the upper falls too.