Lake Bonita Loop

Lake Bonita Loop is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Corinth, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, fishing, and mountain biking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The parking area is on Corinth/Wilton Mountain Road 2.1 miles west of Route 9.

Great easy hike to start off a day. Trail is very well marked and the lake is gorgeous to see in the winter. Would not say microspikes are needed if you stick to loop trail but if you plan on doing the waterfall trail nearby they would come in handy. Will be back to explore more of the area

perfect for a quick morning hike

nice brisk hike, very easy and flat but I would suggest micro spikes this time of year.

Nice easy walk around the lake. Good for families with small children.

The trails aren't marked very well especially on where to head back to the parking area. We ended up getting lost...just glad we ran into someone who helped us find the right direction & got back to the parking lot.

A nice easy walk. Some muddy, slippery sections. A well marked trail with lovely views of Lake Bonita.

Great trail, beautiful scenery. Found all 3 geocaches and even caught a small smallmouth. Place to stop and sit, and enjoy the view or have lunch. Many varieties of mushrooms. I recommend going around counterclockwise, as the second half of the loop is easier terrain. One of my new favorite spots.

Great hike with great scenery. Keep your eyes out for the trail markers we almost went off the trail a couple of times.

Great hike, took the grandchildren, stopped at the overlook for lunch, let the kids fish, and hiked around the lake. Good times

This trail is a nice easy hike with a beautiful view of the lake. It's better to enjoy it slow and take in all the surrounding beauty.

Enjoyed the trails and the many types of mushrooms!

this trail is one of my favorites. it offers a great mix of water, woods, and sun, and it just difficult enough to make it a great hike. I would not, however, recommend it for a beginner.

this trail is definitely not for weekend warriors. the lake Bonita trail is a very nice hike, however, and one of my go-to activities.

I would not recommend this trail for a beginner, but one of my favorites.

Beautiful place.

Nice easy layout. You can access other trail systems and loop out and make it a longer hike. Well marked.

A nice trail. The hike was easy and fun. Just being able to sit by the water was so relaxing. Next time I think I will try some fishing.

Awesome little loop to do if you want to do a short quick hike. Takes about 40 minutes if you stop a few times to enjoy the views!

Very fun, beautiful view of the lake. There is a nice picnic table at one spot that looks over the lake. Trails are fun.

great work out, easy and beautiful hike! did it today with my 7 month old in a chest harness, he loved it too! will definitely be spending more time here throughout the summer!

Easy hike but still a great work out! The pup loved the hike and the lake. Will definitely be going back!

Super easy hike for young kids and old dogs if that's what you are looking for! Great family spot. Will explore more tangents next time.

I hiked this trail for the first time today. I don't know why this trail is marked as easy. It depends on what part of the trail you are talking about. some parts are easy, some are most certainly not. I would not recommend this trail for a beginner.

It was icy where all snowshoe was packed at beginning and end. If you are careful you don’t need spikes

Nice little loop around Lake Bonita. Did this on April 1, 2018 and needed microspikes to ensure good footing. Eager to explore linkages to other trails in the main part of Moreau Lake State Park, especially the link (blue markers) to the Western Ridge Trail.

Beautiful ‘almost spring’ hike to try out. Peaceful and lucky to see a woodpecker!

Sunday, November 12, 2017

A nice little trail though it is a little hard to follow the trail with all of the leaves that are down

Monday, October 09, 2017

Just right for 2 mile work out.
with great views.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Beautiful hike with my dog. On the right side of the lake, there's a nice picnic table and a sitting bench overlooking the lake with a fantastic view. On the left side of the lake, there's a grassy covered dam that was begging for a picnic blanket to sit on and catch some rays. We loved this hike.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed this hike. Will definitely do again. We took our dog and he loved it!