New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Kinderhook Creek

Kinderhook Creek is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stephentown, New York that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 278 feet Route Type: Loop

muilplty trails to take I somehow took one of the harder ones and had to climbed the mini mountain, thanks to the robe fastened to the path I was able to make it to the top before passing out on a well place bench. awesome scenery, will definitely be coming back

The directions were very accurate to get there. The trial was well maintained and all the trees are labeled. There is one bridge that has been pushed aside by water but it’s a small muddy patch. The views are nice and it’s a nice secluded location. Great hike

Nicely kept wide trails!! There were some steep inclines, but there were also various resting benches and swings!! Very inviting!!

A beautiful walk! For those who like to climb (or not) there's some nice incline trails and others that stay mostly level. They've just added some beautiful wooden swings in various locations on the trail. The Kinderhook Creek is lovely all year long.

Red markers are well placed on an easy to follow 1.5 mile loop hike. The trail was very dry even in late April. The red trail does not follow Kinderhook Creek but it’s not too far off from the small parking lot. I plan on returning to do some fishing.

This parking lot is unrealistic. All spots are full and people parked in ways others can’t pull out with.

Trails still have a few ice spots other then that this is a great location, will be back for sure (3/27/19)

Wed Oct 10 2018

Sun Aug 27 2017

I did this over this past winter and really enjoyed it and went to check it out today. It was a lovely hike, one really steep spot that has ropes to use for assistance. The trails weren't as well marked as I would have liked since the trails split off each other many times. In the winter I followed snowshoers tracks as I went without snowshoes to trailblaze myself, so I did not notice all the split offs. Some benches are placed along the upper trails for a quick rest if needed. Ended up doing three miles total on this beautiful morning. Overall very easy hike except that one steep area. A couple areas walking up hill depending on which way you take but not difficult.

Sun Jun 04 2017

This place is really a nice little find; still a bit rough but overall we loved it. Me and 4 of my kids (age 5-10), we did the entire farthest out loop ... I have to say that the 250ft ascent over about a 100-250 yard second had to be some of the steepest ascents I've done rivaling the White Mountains. Thank you to the trail providers for the rope for assistance. This has a bit of everything; flats, rocks, steep up, steep down, river, grass, very nice area.

Mon May 29 2017

Quick fun one close to home

Sun Apr 02 2017

Was a fun trail system will be back for sure

Tue Mar 22 2016

I loved this place! my friend and I brought my dogs who needed to get out of the house to burn off some cabin fever. We had the trails to ourselves. when we first got there on a chilly Sunday there was one small group leaving. And there may have been others on the trails, but we never saw anyone. We didn't get a chance to explore the entire preserve, but we're able to do the creek side trail. it was beautiful. I can't wait to go back to check out the rest of the trails and see the spring conditions. Trails were mostly wide and easy to navigate, many look to have been ATV trails at one time. There were some slight hills, but nothing overly taxing. My friend and I agree, we look forward to future adventures here.