Kinderhook Creek

Kinderhook Creek is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Stephentown, New York. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and fly fishing.

fly fishing

This place is really a nice little find; still a bit rough but overall we loved it. Me and 4 of my kids (age 5-10), we did the entire farthest out loop ... I have to say that the 250ft ascent over about a 100-250 yard second had to be some of the steepest ascents I've done rivaling the White Mountains. Thank you to the trail providers for the rope for assistance. This has a bit of everything; flats, rocks, steep up, steep down, river, grass, very nice area.

Quick fun one close to home

Was a fun trail system will be back for sure

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I loved this place! my friend and I brought my dogs who needed to get out of the house to burn off some cabin fever. We had the trails to ourselves. when we first got there on a chilly Sunday there was one small group leaving. And there may have been others on the trails, but we never saw anyone. We didn't get a chance to explore the entire preserve, but we're able to do the creek side trail. it was beautiful. I can't wait to go back to check out the rest of the trails and see the spring conditions.
Trails were mostly wide and easy to navigate, many look to have been ATV trails at one time. There were some slight hills, but nothing overly taxing.
My friend and I agree, we look forward to future adventures here.