Kibby Pond Trail

Kibby Pond Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Oregon, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

This was my first time on this trail. I was scouting it to see how much trail work needs to be done. I belong to a local group of volunteers, called the Siamese Ponds Trail Improvement Society, who maintain this and 23 other trails in the Gore Mountain region. The trail does need some work, which is scheduled for Monday. After that, it should be in good shape. There will still be a stream to ford at the beginning of the trail.

The pond is beautiful and peaceful.

Nice hike! I hadn't been on this trail in seven years and it's in very good shape. The yellow disks were freshly placed and very frequent. There was a little blow down near the top of the hill, but it wasn't too bad. The pond was beautiful, just like I remembered.

Nice hike. Beautiful pond. Steady grade.

One of the worst maintained trails I have ever been on. 90% of the trail is straight thru a creek bed, so plan on a wet muddy hike. Trees down across the trail everywhere. Although the end destination was beautiful, I won't be making this trip again.

Thursday, September 03, 2015