Keuka Lake Outlet Trail

Keuka Lake Outlet Trail is a 13.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dresden, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great ride for kids who have just learned to ride a bike to learn how to adjust to different ground textures, mud, gravel, bridges, mild slopes, and bumps. Also good geography lesson in person. ( would be a great homeschoolers trip)

This is a very scenic trail with modest elevation that's easy to navigate. It can serve as a nice long trek, particularly if running the entire span from Penn Yan to Dresden (or vice versa) and back. Plenty of wilderness, some interesting history and a solidly maintained trail that even offers porta potties along the way for any unplanned stops. A really nice option in this area.

Hiked the entire length and back starting at Dresden, with lunch at the softball fields in Penn Yan then heading back to the car in Dresden. This is a very flat hike and I enjoyed exploring the abandoned mills and photographing the waterfalls along the way. Cons to this hike would be the eyesore farms along the trail near Dresden and also the proxcimity to the Outlet Rd., the sound of traffic was never very far away.

clean and clear pathway.hiked 11 miles perfect day walk..did have to remove ticks when we got back.

Great walking trail. Well maintained with a great waterfall view

Easy walk or bike ride with unique scenery

easy trail to walk along, not all that exciting

Friday, June 03, 2016

I started walking at Dresden and only made it a mile and a half in. For me personally it was a scary place. It's beautiful but I just couldn't bring myself to walk further in. And I also got a mild rash on my legs from when I walked through the bushes to see the water. Maybe if I do decide to do it again I'll wear pants and not go alone.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Awesome trail for hiking, cross country ski and horseback riding. Very scenic and peacful.

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

I love this trail, very pretty. The first time I went, I just parked at one of the parking areas near the falls and walked some of the trail. The second time, I started at the Penn Yan end of the trail and rode my bike to the falls. I have to go back and complete the trail starting at the Dresden end.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

This is an easy, mostly flat trail with beautiful water alongside for most of the way, and interesting old buildings at various points. You'll probably be left with questions about their history when you're done, and the trail's official web site has historical links to study later. If you want to skip the paved portion in town, go to the Cherry Street parking lot and hike east from there. Even if you don't do the whole trail, it's worth getting as far as Seneca Mills & Falls. It's gorgeous and there's a shelter with tables made from old stone grinding wheels. The visitor center doesn't look like much of anything ever goes on there, so don't get excited about that. NOTE: The web site says the trail is closed due to storm damage. But when I hiked (November 18, 2015), there was no indication that it was closed.