Keshequa Creek Falls (3 falls)

Keshequa Creek Falls (3 falls) is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Groveland, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 262 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Decent trail, not much to see. Dry, shady trail, mostly away from the stream. Falls weren't much more than a babbling brook. Columbus Day weekend and not much color besides green and yellow. GPS had us going through the correctional facility, but signs warning of dire consequences scared us into figuring out a circuitous route to the backside driveway to the trail head. The week after, I read in the Rochester news that that prison was shut down earlier this year. But Don't Go Thru The Prison! After our hike, my husband convinced me to drive out that way. I'm still trying to polish the scratches out of my car from the dense brush I had to drive through to avoid the Deep Ruts on that narrow driveway!

A little confusing on how to enter the park because the road was closed off but we figured it out. Just parked and walked .7 mi to the trail head which was still fun. BUGS WERE TERRIBLE. Bring all the bug spray. The best part was making it to the water where we took off our shoes and splashed around with my dog. It was beautiful and relaxing and 100% worth it.

We didn’t get to do much of the trail because we ended up at the correctional facility. Loaded with bugs! Bring something with deet. We’ll try again and see if we like the actual trail. No star review because we didn’t see the whole thing

Easy hike, very beautiful, lots of old huge trees. 4.9 miles with a few side trails to view the falls and cliffs. Bring some bug spray, lots of mosquitoes.

This is a pretty easy trail with one waterfall that is slightly off the trail. The easiest way to locate the trail head is to use "Keshequa Creek Falls Trailhead" or the short code M587+F6 as your destination in Google Maps, then simply continue to follow the road until you reach the trailhead. There is a parking area 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the trailhead on the right side as you drive down.

Wed Jun 20 2018

DO NOT go in through the correctional facility. That is the property of the facility and I did have a guard waiting for me back at my car. He said there is an actual entrance for the State Forest from further south, but he was nice about it otherwise. There are also a lot of signs along the length of the trail stating it's private property, so I don't know when it becomes trespassing

Sat Sep 16 2017

Great day hike with a lot to see on the hike. Didn't realize you could actually drive up a ways before you actually made it to the trail head. And it looks like you are trespassing due to signs for the prison but you can drive through for the trail head it is allowed, at least we didn't have anyone stop us. Lol! Great hike with a lot to see and would do this again but definitely remember the bug spray!

Tue Feb 07 2017

Very enjoyable trail. Not marked very well and after 1 1/2miles posted signs on both sides of trail. We'll do it again when we have enough time to finish the whole thing.

Mon Aug 08 2016

Peaceful trail in the woods. Difficult to find, but enjoyable for a quick trip.

Mon Dec 17 2018