Kane Mountain North Trail Loop

Kane Mountain North Trail Loop is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Caroga Lake, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Kane Mountain offers great views and a nice hike by at least two approaches - one is the East trail which is 1.7 miles RT and the other is about 2 miles RT - both are moderate hikes. Dogs are also allowed but must be kept on a leash.

Not too challenging of a hike. Good trails for pacing. The views from the fire tower were gorgeous.

I've been on both trails ,not impossible bfir a first timer like me. view from top could be better. the only way to see the view is if you go up the tower

The view from the fire tower is incredible. Such a beautiful view of the surrounding land.

A very enjoyable short little hike. My husband and I hiked this with our dog on a leash (a corgi) on July 21. We liked the option of two different trails and the ability to hike it in a loop. The view from the fire tower was great. It’s too bad the old ranger cabin has been so badly vandalized. This is a nice hike for beginners or if you’re just looking for a short trail. We actually drove an hour east after this to hike to Spruce Mountain Fire Tower (working on the Fire Tower Challenge) and bumped into another hiker who had the same plan. The two trails together make for a nice day of activity. One note, the parking lot was jammed full as we were leaving before noon. Get there on the early end of things if you need to park.

Hiked this trail last week with my 6.5 year old. Trail was OK, just a couple muddy spots that we could go around. Lots of graffiti on the old rangers station which I didn't enjoy explaining to my daughter. Otherwise, loved the hike and the view from the tower.

Great little hike! Hiked it with my four kids! The north trail is nice and quick. The east trail was fun.. just a little muddy in spots. Love this hike! Great views from the top!

Nice day for a solo hike, there was only one mud patch along the way other than that the trails were great! The view from the summit was incredible once you make it to the top of the fire tower!! Another fire tower challenge complete!

My two kids, ages 8 and 9 1/2 hiked the loop today. Trail was well marked, and well maintained. A little muddy in spots which is to be expected this time of year. No view at the top unless you go up the fire tower. We all were a little skeptical at first but loved it once we up top! Definitely doing this one again and again.

Pro: Nice hike.

Cons: A lot of broken glass from people partying & view only from the tower.

Did the loop. Nice well marked trails. Great view from the fire tower. The trail is relatively easy with some wet areas, but mostly in good shape. Family friendly as I joined a family of nine and all ages at the top.

The parking lot was like a frozen pond. all of the thick ice was covered by fresh snow so I didn't know until I tried to stop and kept going. Luckily I was able to carefully turn my car around and there was traction on the one side of the parking lot. The cell service is spotty so I don't know if I would have been able to call for a tow truck. The mountain was the same way. Some parts looked like a frozen waterfall(not a bad thing). I had ice spikes so it didn't slow me down. My dog had some trouble but it gave me a few laughs. Overall the hike was short but rewarding. The only downside was all the graffiti on the cabin and the tower. It's sad that people can't respect the property for other people to enjoy.

Hiked w micros after a 26 below F Sunday morning followed by couple inches of rain 48 hours before. Snow set up good for micros would need more snow for snowshoes. First time up the red east trail and down the longer looped yellow north trail. Great views from tower. Worth a couple hours on the woods on a cold mid January day.

Always a nice mini-hike, depressing to see what vandals have done to the cabin.

Wind chill dropped temps to below -20 at the top of the tower but clear skies and sun made for good views. Walked up the trail in regular snow boots; followed someone else's tracks. Minimal to no ice today.

A short, but nice hike. There aren't a ton of views on the way but the views from the fire tower make up for it.

Nice trail, well marked. Good for a shorter hike but a LOT of people and had to wait to go up the fire tower but it had nice views.

In and Out Red Trail. Trail was dry and even though they rate it moderate, I would say this is more easy to moderate even for the red trail. You will need to climb the tower to appreciate the views and it will be worth it. No Summit Marker was located so don't look for it.

nice easy hike

Lovely trail. There's no view from the top of the mountain but when you get up the tower it will take your breath away.

Very easy, nice walk in the woods with the dog. Took the trail off to the left at the trail head .6 to the fire tower. Tower is in great condition.

Nice hike. Only took about an hour to complete . Awesome views from the top of the fire tower.

View at the top of the tower is breathtaking

Descent loop not to difficult views were ok nothing spectacular but another tower down

Great hike and the view at the top of the tower is amazing!

I love this hike. I go once every season and have been going since I was little. The view from the top of the fire tower is breathtaking each and every time.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Beautiful views from the top , shorter trail is a very steep incline , so if you have littles with you I suggest the other trail , well worth the hike and the views from the Fire Tower are amazing

Monday, August 14, 2017

nice walk

Monday, August 14, 2017

great

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Beautiful views

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

very peaceful hike, with a beautiful view from the tower :)