Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge & Tonawanda Wildlife Management Area Loop

Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge & Tonawanda Wildlife Management Area Loop is a 1.1 mile loop trail located near Basom, New York that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 13 feet Route Type: Loop

Beautiful trail! Keep in blue trail to go over the boardwalk with the beautiful views of the water

Short, well maintained but buggy!

nice little walk. we went early in the morning so it was cool with a nice breeze. the bugs were horrible even with insect repellent not only for me but for my dog but a nice little stroll

very nice trail. very woodsy and a nice boardwalk but the bugs were horrible. by the end we were rushing to get back to our car for bug relief.

Well maintained 45 minute walk with water and boardwalks.

Bald Eagles what more is there to say.

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Amazing place away from the noise and traffic. A peaceful quiet location with a large array of wildlife.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

I do this trail often as I live 1/2hr away. It's easy, grassy, flat and beautiful. Every time I go I see something new, like turtles, eagles, herons, and fox. Great for a simple hike!

Sunday, April 09, 2017

The Kanyoo Trail is an easy loop trail. This area is a popular resting area for huge migrating flocks of waterfowl and a great place for birding year round. There are many informative stations telling about the floral and fauna that can be found in the area, along with a boardwalk across a marshy area. During the summer this boardwalk is a great place to see frogs, turtles, dragonflies, and butterflies. This is a perfect trail for kids.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Nice and quaint. not much of a day hike, more like an hour at most. Fun to take smaller children.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

nice marked trails.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

nice boardwalk pretty cool

Friday, September 05, 2014

Pretty cool hike. We parked on 77 and hiked down Feeder Rd. It is a gravel trail that travels through the swamp area. Saw some geese and a few herons, we didn't catch the Bald Eagles though. Great trail! I posted a link to the map of the refuge below http://www.fws.gov/uploadedFiles/Region_5/NWRS/Central_Zone/Iroquois_Complex/Iroquois/WildlifeObservationFactsheet.pdf

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Great nature trail.

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Did trail about 6 years ago. Wasn't well marked, trail seemed a bit unkept. Surrounded by private land, not clearly marked. Haven't been there in years so it may be different? Also land was a little marsh.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Myself and my wife both took a walk on the Swallow Hollow Trail it is a board walk and there are seats every so often, I would recommend it for parents with kids. An elevaated boardwalk and gravel trail takes you through marsh and forested wetlands for unique encounters with wetland species.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Love to see all the nature ,Birds ,water fowl,deers,and prob. the largest snapper I ever saw .the kids love it

Saturday, January 28, 2012

nice trail but muddie

Thursday, September 01, 2011

The trail was very fun to hike on. We saw a ton of frogs, hawks, cranes, and geese. A very very easy hike. The trails are gravel all the way around. I was hoping for more free lance hiking. Looking to make my own trail. Some very cool docks with bird watching points. Keep an eye out for bald eagles, amazing if you see one!!! Enjoy

recorded Recording - Apr. 22, 06:08 p.m.