Irondequoit Creek (Ellison Park to Irondequoit Bay)

Irondequoit Creek (Ellison Park to Irondequoit Bay) is a 4.6 mile loop trail located near Rochester, New York that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 652 feet Route Type: Loop

I hiked throughout the park today starting at just past 4pm. I just kept walking deeper into the woods, staying on a variety of trails, labeled with different colors. Yes, the bugs were pretty bad. It was in the high 80s today so I took my shirt off through most of the hike. The bugs were biting everywhere. Anyway, I walked by the swamp area and saw many boaters on the water. I was almost at Browncroft when I finally looked at my map on my phone and decided to turn around because I was on the far end of the park. The trails were great, and a lot of fun. You are in the woods for sure. Great cell service for me at least, but being so close to the city everyone will probably have good service. I wore sneakers with no tread and was fine, but sneakers with better traction would work better. I recorded this and will posting this to my Youtube channel tonight. I was recording so much my phone ran out of power and Alltrail did not record the hike, but I have the video. My name here is my YT name.

Big, beautiful park!

Mon Jul 02 2018

The bugs were awful when I went and I ended up tying my shirt around my head to keep them out of my ears! It is a pretty trail though, and I didn't see anyone else on the weekday I was there. I saw some very cute little frogs the size of my pinky fingernail.

Mon Apr 03 2017

Loved it here! Hiked white trail. Moderate/difficult .Trails marked fairly well but a little confusing. Wear proper footwear & walking stick is helpful! Beautiful scenery,many birds & peaceful!

Fri Aug 17 2018