Hunter's Creek Park

Hunter's Creek Park is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wales, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Just off of Rt 78 in the town of Wales. Two entrances one on Hunters Creek rd one on Centerline.

Definitely not moderate difficulty. The creek portion of he hike was good. We started on the western trail and ended following the creek back to the parking lot. Quite a few bugs but, fun for kids. Dogs are allowed.

Flat trail. many trail systems here so be aware of your location to not get lost. Gets muddy easily and has great creek access.

A nice place to hike. Many different trails to take. There's a lower lot for parking off of Hunters Creek road or you can park at the upper lot on Centerline road. If you want to be adventurous, you can make a loop out of the parking lots. It means crossing the creek.

got off trail again then back on, no prob. i found you can hear traffic going over the bridge which`helps you get your bearings. the trail i came out on was opposite vermont hill rd, made a left a walked the road back to the parking lot. always something new.

Orange trail and purple trail loop

Easily one of my favorite places.

i agree it's easy to get off the trail you started on. not enough paint at the intersections. when you decide which way to go there should be another color code for reassurance. this was my first time there and i made it out ok. started on pink, suddenly on red, then back to pink, ended up getting out the way i came in instead of completing the pink loop. def going back if only to figure out where i went wrong. liked it.

The west side of the trail loop was more of a mountain bike route with deep muddy ruts from tire traffic.

The east side of the loop was worth a five star rating alone.

Overall the marking of the trails was poor and I used my gps to locate myself several times. It was easy to wander off the main trail but hard to get lost.

Definitely got lost but it was great trying to find our way back. Very confusing with the markers and got off track. It was really muddy but we expected. Slipping and sliding alot. Great hike!

So glad we discovered Hunters Creek! The dogs loved it just as much as we did. There is definitely a good amount of trails and we are already planning to go back next weekend. We are not avid hikers by any means so if you are kinda new to this I suggest snapping a picture of the map before you start your hike or use this app to record your hike so you don't get lost. I didn't think the trails were marked as clearly as they could be so you have to pay close attention. It's also very muddy right now so dress appropriately. Happy hiking!