Hudson Pointe Nature Preserve

Hudson Pointe Nature Preserve is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Queensbury, New York that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a very pretty semi-loop trail of approximately 1.75 miles. The trail is well marked with metal trail markers on the trees, and offers very scenic views of the Hudson river. This nature preserve covers 83 acres on a peninsula that juts out into the Hudson River.

Such a nice, peaceful, and quiet hike in the woods that gives you serene views to finish! A must-do for those looking to get out but don't want a busy setting. This would be ideal to snowshoe in the winter as well! :-)

Well maintained trail through the woods that leads out to a beautiful section of the Hudson River. There's a couple of spots to put your feet in or let the dogs swim. Well marked on the way in but I always get turned around on the way out so pay attention! I've only ever done the blue trail which I believe is the longest. It takes about an hour for a casual walk with some stops on the way. Highly recommended!

Excellent for lazy hikers like me! Easy trail, friendly people, gorgeous views!

Due to recent rain fall we couldn't make it to the bridges due to flooded trails. Other than that it was beautiful and well marked.

We went in early April and it was beautiful. It's hidden in a small community and was a really nice hike. There are some steep spots but worth the sweat. We brought our dog and he loved it.

A nice little pleasant walk in the woods. Passed a few friendly people fishing in the Hudson. North side of trail was still flooded. Would be good for afternoon runs if you're looking for a pleasant place to get in shape without traffic to worry about on the roads.

I loved the views and it's a nice shady trail. But the lowest part of the trail was flooded when I went with my son. Like waist deep flooded.

Beautiful views and perfect for me and my dog. One area was flooded out so we couldn't do the whole loop, but it was still great.

One of the Queensbury Rec Department's many nice offerings, it is a nice loop that takes you along the Hudson River. There are a couple of hills as you descend to the river and Big Bay, and you can fish or swim.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

It is an easy pleasant walk. Very short maybe less than 1hr.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Brought my 3 year old son, and we did the green trail. He did great. Beautiful trails and very well marked.

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Great trail that was expanded in the summer of 2016. It now links up with the Division Street trail to the northish. Dog friendly, but watch for some broken glass. It can get very busy.
The trail starts in an open field, goes through the woods on a terrace, then drops down to meander along the Hudson River to Big Bay, and then back up.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

great family hiking experience

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Peaceful

Monday, July 11, 2016

Well maintained, beautiful views of the river.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Great trail, beautiful, organized! We actually started following the orange then went to the green then to the yellow marked trails and it took about two hours with stops and chatting. Very beautiful views at the river bridge !!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

This was a great trail to take my young children on. Lots to see, wonderful informational signage and a nice mix of terrain types. They especially loved all of the bridges. The woods and water views are very peaceful and we saw many signs of wildlife. I am sure that the birding would be wonderful too (just not when you are traveling with two little kids ;)
I would give 5 stars but there were many piles of dog waste - especially at the trailhead. This is really pathetic given that there are baggies and a trash can right there for cleaning up. Shame on the irresponsible dog owners using the trail!

Monday, May 23, 2016

One of the more beautiful trails I've been on.
Peaceful, well kept, with well marked trails.
Some fantastic views too!
You should go to this one!!!
Enjoy! :)

Friday, May 06, 2016

Really nice tail along the Hudson. Well marked and well taken care of.