Huckleberry Point Trail

Huckleberry Point Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Platte Clove, New York that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy day hike, great view at the summit. So serene and peaceful. I’d definitely go again.

The drive up was a little scary— make sure your brakes are good for the drive down!!

Path started wide, then narrowed to be more vegetated (in a good way). There is also a stream to cross. Lots of room at the top and the views are gorgeous!

Decent view but I would wait for trees to have some leaves to protect you from the sun. Otherwise its a good trail.

It’s a beautiful trail. Definitely moderate with a few hills. It was a little scary to drive up the road but at the end we found small parking lot. On Friday afternoon there was 3 cars including ours even though we only saw one group of people.

Beautiful trail and the view was gorgeous! Extremely muddy and icy with the weather change but worth it. Certain areas were steep, but overall great hike!

Excellent hike. The trail is steep enough to keep it interesting, but not so steep that it is difficult. The view from the overlook is incredible. I found the trail to be well marked in most spots (particularly at junctions). It was a perfect day for a hike and we saw maybe 7 other groups of hikers over the entire trail (might be because we started later in the afternoon). The overlook had lots of space to spread out so you don't have to share a small space with others to see the view.

Perfect day hike with a great view.

Amazing view at the top. Hike up had some ups and downs, but nothing too strenuous. Trail is rocky and rooty, but again, not terrible. We went with our two kids (12 and 7) and they loved it.

Decent hike. Difficulty is more advanced beginner than moderate. The views were nice and the trail is not very crowded.

Amazing views and really great hike! Great for beginner hikers.

Beautiful forest trail leads up to a gorgeous view. It was raining today and cloud cover was magical. Good for all hiking levels, small rock scrambles but not difficult at all. We had the trail to ourselves for the most part

This trail starts from the back of the DEC parking lot off Platte Clove Rd. The trail is pretty well groomed. A map at the beginning tells you where Huckleberry Point is but signs at junction simply say Trail. Initially follow blue blazes, then follow the yellow blazed. Parts of the trail is muddy, other parts rocky and goes up and down. Saw some neat mushrooms. In the end it paid off with a beautiful panoramic view.

BE WARNED: do not park along the road. We saw cops towing people's cars which was really unfortunate at the end of a beautiful hike. Felt really extreme considering there's only one small parking lot at the trailhead. Check signs when parking. Otherwise, a beautiful trail! Good climb, but not too hard. Took us about an hour to get to the top. Views are amazing.

One of my most favorite hikes in the Catskills. Easy trail to some amazing views. Arrive early enough and you'll have the summit all to yourself. It gets crowded real quick. I love the trail and views more then Giant Ledge!

Amazing view at the end. Worth it

Muddy but great!

Very easy to get there. There is a sign that says trail parking on the left side of the rd down Rt 16. A little muddy. Took my dog. I found it to be a tougher walk back. Completed in 2 hours
Make sure to stay right at both Y's

Nice grind both there and back. I agree the signage could be better in the beginning. Once we found the "yellow" trail it was well-marked. Beautiful views. Wasn't too muddy but hadn't rained in a few days.

beautiful

Great hike with great views. Moderately challenging, I would advise to go when it has been dry for a couple days or else you will encounter a lot of wet/muddy spots along the way.

pretty trail, but 1) it's muddy. really muddy. 2) sign was removed without notice for this trail. led us astray for miles. hint... take a right for this trail when you have to decide between blue and yellow (apparently you must choose yellow). this sign really needs to be replaced soon for safety reasons.

4.82 miles start to finish. the view is definitely worth the hike.

Nice views and decent climb, quite muddy still tho

Beautiful view and the hike wasn't bad at all. I suggest bringing lots of bug spray though!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Great out and back hike. We were on the trail after a small snow storm so it was a bit wet/slushy. Mostly uphill on the way up to the hike so proper water-resistant shoes necessary and it was a bit slippery uphill and downhill at some parts. The hike led to a beautiful overlook that really made the hike. We had 3 dogs with us who did great on the hike as well.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Wonderful moderate hike, we brought both our dogs and they enjoyed it as well. If you have weak ankles you might want boots, it's rocky in places. The view from the top is gorgeous, especially now with all the fall colors.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Beautiful hike! Enjoyed the fall foliage!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Moderate hike with only a few challenging portions with great views from the end. Great hike for a families.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Gorgeous views, medium hike, 3 hour round trip, easy to follow trail for the most part, go up red and blue trail and right at yellow follow to huckleberry point

Thursday, August 25, 2016

I loveee this hike. A moderate climb but the view of the valley and the first slopes of the Catskills is truly wonderful. My only drawback is that the trail is not always very well marked. Regardless, a beautiful hike and one that I think about often. I found it in my AMC book "Best Day Hikes in the Catskills and Hudson Valley" which has been incredibly helpful and I would highly recommend it! This hike is an excellent introduction to the Catskills and I only saw one other person on the trail. A peaceful, rewarding hike!