Huckleberry Point Trail

Huckleberry Point Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Platte Clove, New York that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

BE WARNED: do not park along the road. We saw cops towing people's cars which was really unfortunate at the end of a beautiful hike. Felt really extreme considering there's only one small parking lot at the trailhead. Check signs when parking. Otherwise, a beautiful trail! Good climb, but not too hard. Took us about an hour to get to the top. Views are amazing.

One of my most favorite hikes in the Catskills. Easy trail to some amazing views. Arrive early enough and you'll have the summit all to yourself. It gets crowded real quick. I love the trail and views more then Giant Ledge!

Amazing view at the end. Worth it

Muddy but great!

Very easy to get there. There is a sign that says trail parking on the left side of the rd down Rt 16. A little muddy. Took my dog. I found it to be a tougher walk back. Completed in 2 hours
Make sure to stay right at both Y's

Nice grind both there and back. I agree the signage could be better in the beginning. Once we found the "yellow" trail it was well-marked. Beautiful views. Wasn't too muddy but hadn't rained in a few days.

beautiful

Great hike with great views. Moderately challenging, I would advise to go when it has been dry for a couple days or else you will encounter a lot of wet/muddy spots along the way.