Hopeland Trail

Hopeland Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Staatsburg, New York that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Took my 2 dogs, beautiful peaceful trails. Loved all the benches you find along the way. Can't wait to go exploring there again.

Sweet little place close to home.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Monday, October 07, 2013

I had to make a stop in the town of Staatsburg, and my dog Hudson was with me in the car. As I was driving, I passed the trailhead to the Hopeland Area of Mills-Norrie State Park. I figured I'd stop and take Hudson for a walk. It I had never heard of these little trails, so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with the area - great for Fall foliage. It cloudy but not raining - my favorite kind of hiking weather actually. It is a short network of a few well-marked and maintained trails, including some wooden benches along the way. I did a sort of "figure 8" of all the trails, and it took about an hour (without stops). A perfect quaint loop that is both easy and quick.

Sunday, September 16, 2012