Home Trail

Home Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Babylon, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

I used to love it here and been coming for 20 years. But now all the people there are very stuck up and very unwelcoming. From the moment you park your car, they are watching you and they don't want you there. I've came back to my car and found someone drew a line on the road around my car with chalk with the time that I had parked there. Very creepy. The moment sunset begins, they will ticket you $150 if you didn't make it out the park in time, even if you are on the way out. The people who live near this park are horrible people who don't want others to enjoy "their park". They stand outside their house on the street and stare at you and your car until you remove yourself and your vehicle from their sight. My car was across the street and 5 houses down from one guy that was standing out his house watching. Why does this concern him? Another person called public safety to make sure we left within the 2 hour timeframe that was allowed, which we did and would have done without their hovering. Its unfortunate since I lived in this town for years and like to visit the park I sort of grew up in. To be treated like a criminal for taking a walk.. its just outrageous.

love it

i have walked this with my dog and biked. it's a great trail.

Friday, July 01, 2016