Learn more

High Falls Gorge is a 1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Wilmington, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 167 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

Note: Summer 2019 (May - October) Adults Regular: $13.50 Child (Ages 4-12) Regular: $9.50 Winter 2018-2019 (November - April) Adults Regular: $14.00 Child (Ages 4-12) Regular: $10.00 Snowshoe Package (November-April) Includes day pass to waterfalls, snowshoes, and snowshoe trail admission. Adults Regular: $26.00 Child (Ages 4-12) Regular: $16.00 Bring Your Own Snowshoes $5 per Adult, $3 per Child, plus day rate pass Children 3 and under are FREE when accompanied by a parent or guardian!

fee
private property

It's 13.50 $ per person for maxim 10 min walk. The fall is nice , but overall it's too pricey and overated.

closed
private property

Disappointed that on this day the intermediate trail (the one that actually goes through the woods) was closed. The walk through the gorge was great. The owner maintains about a 1/4 mile of catwalks where the rock face is on one side and a 100 foot drop into the raging water is on the other side. Two bridges cross the gorge and offer fun family picture opportunities. It’s nice that a least part of the trails is wheelchair/stroller accessible, but not the intermediate trail in the woods nor the catwalk into the gorge

Cool views. But no challenge!

Super easy,wasn’t busy,great views,even the water will silence any child. I recommend this trail and trip,will be doing it again

Great walk! Commercialized and populated but very beautiful!

This was a very fun, quick hike! It is 13.50 (with tax) but it’s definitely worth it. It’s about a half mile with areas to look at the falls. They have a more difficult mile hike to add to it. Definitely check it out if you’re in the area!

Short expensive and relaxing walk . Watch out for the rusted railings . The chilli Dogs in the cafe were yummy ;)

beautiful gorge, definitely a must-see

Its a tourist trap. The fall is nice, but its impossible to get a view without grills or fence. The nature trail has nothing to offer, it just feels like a small walk in an ordinary forest. Not worth the price. And even, we wanted to fill up our bottle with tap water and we couldnt. Theres a restaurant and the waitress told me to go to the restroom and use the water from the sink, but it was impossible since the faucet was too low. When I asked her if I could use the water from the restaurant sink, she looked at me nearly laughing that she couldnt do that. So if I resume, we paid almost 30$ to see a fall (really... go to Rainbow Falls if you want to see something nice), walk in a forest for 1-2 miles and they didnt even cared to give us tap water. It was a really bad experience. Spend your money elsewhere. ;) BTW the Adirondacks a full of pretty spots with wonderful people and scenic views.

The built walkways and bridges are the best feature of this trail. The nature trail that starts from the edge of the paved and boarded walkways along the gorge has some incline and decline. It wasn't necessarily clear if it was a loop trail, as the map seems to show.

$13 for adult which is alittle much, but the bridges and walkways are very nice. The falls was flowing and was beautiful. It doesnt take very long to see the falls, however we did do the short nature trail which was nice and easy. Would be a great spot in fall.

According to Google and every tourist publication we received prior to and during our short trip to Lake Placid/Adirondacks, High Falls Gorge is open year round. Imagine our disappointment when we discovered it is in fact NOT open year round. It is closed currently and until the end of April for inventory and maintenance. I truly do understand that inventory and maintenance must be done in order to operate a safe and successful business. However, when people are coming to visit from states away it would be appropriate and appreciated to advertise in advance when you will be closing. I hope to make it back at some point to try this hike, but unfortunately since I live 10 hours away, it won't be anytime soon. *I can't review this trail on the actual trail since we were unable to go. I'm sure it is an amazing experience. I'm reviewing this trail on the lack of communication the business gives concerning its hours of operation.

Mon Nov 26 2018

Nice little walk with excellent views! Perfect for our tired feet.

Thu Oct 18 2018

Great for taking a family to see some sights you normally don’t get to experience. The man made walkway travels over the falls. Prepare to get some spray.

Sat Aug 18 2018

Nice place to visit with friends and or family. There is an entrance fee and a very popular tourist attraction. If you are looking for a challenge and more quiet time with nature, you may want to avoid this one. But, if you are looking for something relaxing and family friendly, this is for you! Nice falls!

Fri Jul 06 2018

I CAN'T CALL THIS A HIKE BUT ITS A NICE STROLL AROUND A GORGE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR.

Thu Jun 21 2018

The Falls hike was educational and the views great. A little too commercialized for me. They have another trail which is more of a challenge. The nature trail is a great hike but with no map and poor trail markings it was a challenge. I followed footprints but at one point led me to a dead end. I don’t know about you but it made me feel unsettled.

Wed May 30 2018

I was pretty annoyed at the high entrance fee ($12/person) but the views turned out to be worth it. I would call this more “sightseeing” than hiking. It’s like a series of boardwalks and stairs around the gorgeous falls. I can imagine this gets pretty crowded- a tour bus arrived as we were leaving. If the parking lot is full, you may want to find something else to do.

Mon Apr 30 2018

Absolutely beautifull views! Be carefull that you have to pay however to enter these falls.

recorded High Falls Gorge