High Falls Gorge

High Falls Gorge is a 1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Wilmington, New York that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for walking and nature trips.

The Falls hike was educational and the views great. A little too commercialized for me. They have another trail which is more of a challenge. The nature trail is a great hike but with no map and poor trail markings it was a challenge. I followed footprints but at one point led me to a dead end. I don’t know about you but it made me feel unsettled.

I was pretty annoyed at the high entrance fee ($12/person) but the views turned out to be worth it. I would call this more “sightseeing” than hiking. It’s like a series of boardwalks and stairs around the gorgeous falls. I can imagine this gets pretty crowded- a tour bus arrived as we were leaving. If the parking lot is full, you may want to find something else to do.

Absolutely beautifull views! Be carefull that you have to pay however to enter these falls.