Green Lake to Round Lake Trail

Green Lake to Round Lake Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fayetteville, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 236 feet Route Type: Loop

paddle sports

This is an awesome loop with views of these unique lakes almost the entire time! Great trail

Great trail for a leisurely walk or a jog. The trail is flat, wide and well maintained. We walk it with my 4 year old and 10 year old. Plenty of benches to stop and take in the view. If camping at the park there are smaller access trails to get to Round Lake so you don’t have to hike in from Long Lake!

I wanted to check out a new trail leaving round lake and this led to Pine Hills Camp Store - good to know - I think I took some unmarked trails back down to the Green Lake trail - easy to navigate but there aren’t railings and it’s edge is steep in spots so small children would need to be seriously supervised - otherwise I liked the peacefulness of it !

Beautiful. The aqua blue and green water are transcendent. Peaceful. The hike around the two lakes is simple...and even on a weekend was not crowded. Not to crazy about the crowds on the beaches and in the campgrounds, but the hike around both lakes was beautiful. Lots of shade. Lots a beautiful water views.

It’s beautiful forever ❤️

The lakes are beautiful! Feels “tropical” there! Our whole family loves it!

Beautiful lake. Hike is very easy. Great for family

beautiful trail! not too busy!

This is a super easy walk around 2 lakes with a very nice trail. Very busy with families, strollers and a couple bikes. The views of the lakes with its aqua color water was breathtaking.

If you are a beginner hiker or very fit hiker this is the main trail and a beautiful trail where you will see what you are supposed to see... Round and Green Lake. The map is deceiving making the hike seem alot longer than it actually is. my husband, 9 month old and I hiked The Green Lake Trail, the Round lake Trail and the Old Growth Trail in 2.5-3 hours;slower and taking pictures along the way included in that time. I will post a picture of the map of I'm able to on this app. I will say these trails are kind of lame for an avid hiker like myself, but it makes it more accessible for people which is nice.

Go early to avoid the crowds. It’s not really a hike, it’s more of a walk around the pond, so it’s super easy.

very nice Trails and beautiful scenery! Highly recommended.

The lake us cute costs 8 dollars for open paths and crowds. If you like crowds of people this is for you

Finally the sun came out to greet us on May 27, so had to take advantage of this beautiful day. Came here and wow!, stunning! There are plenty of trails to choose from but we did the most popular one, the Green Lake Trail. Awesome place to come to for a nice walk/jog and very stroller friendly for those with little kids. Love that there are soo many trees, enough to block the sun from beating down on us and bothering a beautiful stroll around this sui generis lake. The turquoise water was soo captivating stopped many times to capture it all in. If I lived here this place would definitely be my go to for cardio.

walked trail on 5/19; easy trails with options for steeper hill climbs, watch the path to find them. paths are well maintained and busy with crowds.

super easy trail to walk or run. beautiful views of the lake. most of the trail around Green lake is hard packed dirt. The trail around Round lake has soft mulchy pine needles and feels awedome beneath your feet!

I took a modified version of this trail that is presented by Alltrails. I started out in the parking lot and blazed down trails that were less traveled. Hikers beware you will run into cyclists on these outer trails. Keep your head on a swivel! It is a peaceful hike and the scenery is gorgeous.

this is a great Trail. However there is a trail system connected to Green Lakes that has even more trails. If you're looking for something longer than 5 miles I would strongly suggest going to get one of their Maps which are located at the building to the right right outside it anytime.

Absolutely one of my favorite spots!

Such a gorgeous trail- these lakes take my breath away every time I see them. As of April 7 2019, the trails are dry!

Great trail, my dogs love it. You do have to pass through a very popular area so make sure to have a good handle on your dog. Check for ticks when you leave, it’s almost impossible to get out of here without one

Watch out in the winter, when things thaw and refreeze! Trail will coat in a sheet of ice.

here in February, just regular hiking boots on and it is super icy! be careful! I fell multiple times!

Great for everyone who wants to be outside

I never get tired of going there. The water is such a beautiful color, and so clear. The trail is very flat and easy to do. There's a great picnic area and beach too.

Sunday, September 02, 2018

Beautiful scenery and views of the lakes all around. Wished we could swim in the lake but it’s only allowed in designated area at the beginning of Green Lake. There is the option of Kayak if interested with the addition of the cleaning ones which is a plus.

Sunday, August 05, 2018

Nice trail circling both lakes with options to bear off onto other off lake trails. Pavilions for picnicking and the views of the lake are just amazing. Clear teal water.

Monday, July 30, 2018

Easy and mostly flat.

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Easy, heavily traveled trail with gorgeous views and photo ops of the lakes.

Friday, July 06, 2018

Mostly flat; great for running!