Great Dune Trails Loop

Great Dune Trails Loop is a 5.3 mile loop trail located near Guilderland, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love this trail! I love the sand! So many wonderful birds & butterflies!!!

The map shown is not the trail route. The trail has been rerouted and it goes off onto Old State Rd and Siver Rd. It's called the purple trail. Nice trail. We turned around after coming to Siver rd. Did not see a loop back option to where we started so we walked back the way we came. Posted a picture of how it routed us.

The map doesn't match the trail.

Took my (2) sons out on part of this trail before my youngest complained of cramping, we did 5.25 miles in total and had an amazing time. This was our second time back. Love these trails.

3/7/17 this trail and several others in the pine bush are closed, check the website before making a trip out there.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Thursday, August 25, 2016

I have ridden on these trails for 40 years and they keep getting better and better! Sandy trails make for wonderful footing even after heavy rains. Trails are managed now by the Albany Pine Bush Preserve and they do a great job of opening new trails and keeping the old ones clear and well marked. Bridges over wet areas are all horse safe. Well worth a visit. Happy trails.