Goodnow Mountain Trail

Goodnow Mountain Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Newcomb, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Beautiful hike today up Goodnow! Great views from the tower, with hardly any ice on the trail (I was fine without micro spikes, just wore my trail runners). What a great day to get outside.

Awesome trail with awesome views...was alittle icy but nothing you couldn't get through. I'd say this trail is a strong moderate.

Great view from the tower!

One of my all time favorite hikes! Beautiful scenery on the way up and the views from the fire tower are amazing. I agree with the moderate ranking but well worth the hike.

We went for sunset and sunrise in mid October.. Took 2 hrs round trip. The view is beautiful , totally worth it. Mind you it is muddy so bring water-resistant hiking boots. Bring extra clothing for the top of tower as well since it is very windy .

Just gorgeous and very well maintained trail.

Awesome hike , fantastic views was 2.0 miles to tower

A 4 mile round trip this hike is considered moderate. We thought it was a bit over moderate. Lots of rocky uphills and mud. The view was amazing!

The trail was great, a little thin at some point where we had to walk ourselves and our dogs in a line. A touch muddy at some point but mostly solid with tracks around the mud pits. The view from the top is amazing and well worth the quick hike!

Well laid out trail, but avoid after rain as it can be very muddy in many areas. I tracked this hike as 4.3 miles round trip. It can be crowded at peak times, but the view from the fire tower is awesome.

Nice view. A very muddy trail.

Muddy, muddy, muddy! Even the bypasses around the mud are muddy! Overall an easy climb. Some short steep parts. Terrific view from the fire tower. I'd do it again - if it ever dries out!