Goodman Mountain Trail

Goodman Mountain Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tupper Lake, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

About half of it is paved...which was interesting. After the paved part the trail was cool, not too muddy even though it rained the day before and the morning of the hike. View from the top was good, not as good as coney, though.

This trail was extremely pleasant and the views were spectacular at the summit. The first 0.8 miles are paved and the first quarter mile is wheelchair accessible.

Hike in the fall for payoff on the views

Goodman has some cool history at the trailhead. I did make a mistake when looking at the Tupper Lake Triad flyers distributed locally. The distances on the flyers are all one-way and considering I didn't plan to do this mountain and don't have cell service up there, I didn't anticipate it being as long as it was. Was still ok, but I didn't like making that mistake. It was really buggy on the paved road and as soon as you enter the dirt trail as well, but got better towards the top. The view was great and there were 50 or so dragonflies circling at the top of the summit. Some butterflies too. I enjoyed that and also enjoyed all the dogs that were accompanying their owners on the trail.

Easy peak affording good, though not spectacular view at the finish. The bottom half is paved and an easy start. Then it turns into a real trail with moderate ascent. There are no great views until you finish, unless you count the wildflowers along the way. No clean water sources for dogs except the very start. A bit buggy in June but not terrible.
Nice for families with little ones if you just do the lower half. Bigger kids will enjoy the view as t the finish.

Hubby and I are training for a thru-hike
definitely a good climb!

Beautiful trail...well marked!
Amazing views from the top!

Black flies were atrocious, had to wear our head nets to be able to enjoy the top.

Nice hike for a family with kids!

good family hike. gradual ascent with a slight climb at the end. four year old hiked with no issues.

The trail is relatively boring, the accessibility would make this a great family hike for all members (grandparents, parents, children). The summit is very pretty, but nothing like the surrounding mountains. Definitely worth your time for a nice family outing.

This was my winter hike of this mountain. The trail was pretty packed down. Once on top you could see Coney Mountain in the near distance.

We did the Tupper Lake Triad on 1/7 and found it to be a wonderful hike! We started with Arab, the. coney, then Goodman. I think Goodman was my favorite of the 3. The views were wonderful and I think it may have been the most challenging, but that also could be because we did it at the end. The first .7 is quite flat as it follows the paved trail. The other .9 is fairly steep, but not too bad. The views are beautiful. I really loved this hike. Next time I would end with Coney and do Goodman second, as Coney was a cake walk. We spent a lot of time at the summit and the trip took us an hour and 55 minutes.