Good Luck Mountain and Lake Trail

Good Luck Mountain and Lake Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Caroga Lake, New York that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike. It's very up so be prepared. At top of cliffs keep pets and Children from edge. The rock formations are phenomenal!

Good view at the top. Lots of roots and mud. Pretty easy hike. Whoever was lucky enough to steal my ray bans I accidentally left and went back for... awesome for you.

First we got lost and went a lot farther than we had to. The sign for where you turn for Good Luck Cliffs was very small and high up. Do not pass the larger of the bridges, its about 20 feet long the second of the real bridges. There are bears around just to warn. Last of all it is very wet the ground is very mushy, I thought the people in the reviews went after it rained but that's not true it's just very wet, and very steep!

Excellent hike, really gets the blood pumpin. It's great cardio substitute and the view is gorgeous whether it's Summer/Winter/Fall/Spring HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Beautiful hike. Starts mild but very slushy. Wet rocks and roots make for a slippery trek - definitely advise wearing hiking boots. A good walking stick or trekking pole is helpful - especially on the descent. We did the extra little bit to see Good Luck Lake. That was nice but you can't really get to the edge of the lake due to the surrounding marsh. We saw a few orange newts and a tiny orange frog. Other than that we didn't come across any critters. The cliff rocks at and near the top are really cool. And the view at the top makes it worth the climb.

Great hike, stay to right after you pass first snowmobile bridge. This will bring you to the summits of the cliffs. Really muddy on the travel up and down so wear a waterproof hiking boot. At the top of its populated not much room for privacy, the look out are is not that large. I hiked at 5pm and no one their. Great short hike with a rewarding view.

Decent hike as long as you don't miss the turn to start the ascent, trail sign is above eye level

Very good hike starts easy and closer to the peak it's very steep, I went on a muddy after rain day and there was perfect amount grip with all roots, my Labrador did not struggle at all, the top wasn't wet glorious and it was small space giving less privacy if there is more than one group up there. Besides that it was a good hike!

I loved this hike and I plan to go back when it's drier. My only issue was that I missed where the trail to the cliffs diverges from the main trail. It's not well marked and I continued for about a mile before I realized my mistake and turned around. A bit after you pass the lake on your left you'll come to a small snowmobile bridge followed by a second, larger bridge. Right before the second bridge, there is a small sign on the right hand side (it's well above eye level) with an arrow that says Good Luck Cliffs, next to another tree with a blue trail marker. The rest of the trail is unmarked but easy to follow.

I got completely lost just shy of the cliffs, never made it. Walked completely out of my way on an old snowmobile trail (secondary 81 trail) for a few hours hoping to find a road ended up calling rangers to help me out phone was just about dead and was alone. Turned into a ten mile adventure hike :) all in all it was a good day. Minus the "Goodluck" part.

Tough climb, but beautiful view at top!!

Nice trail needs to be marked better. We went to the cliffs it is a challenge,

I loved this hike, my beagle/basset, niece and I hiked it yesterday. The view is breathtaking!

we love this hike and the incline at the end makes you appreciate the top..

Great trail to start the spring/summer season. Once you get the to the turn off (blue markers and clearly marked) for the cliffs it turns into an advanced hiker trail. As of 9 April 2017 micro spikes aren't needed but come in handy on the trip down. Parking is clearly marked and was not busy.

I decided to hike this trail on a warm day in February. The trail was clearly traveled and was easy to follow with the white snow underfoot. The incline does increase as you get closer to the cliffs.

Friday, November 25, 2016

Couldn't find the path to the summit with 4 inches of snow on the ground, no foot path to follow. Still a nice hike.

Monday, November 21, 2016

Beautiful and challenging as well! Great for dogs. Trail needs better markings. Trail marked better on the way down. Quite soggy until you start heading up. Well worth it!

Thursday, October 20, 2016

got married here the beginning of October

Monday, October 03, 2016

Awesome hike. Marking were a little unclear, make sure you turn right and follow specific trail to reach summit. My girlfriend and I ended up hiking an extra 6 miles. Great view at the summit though.