Good Luck Mountain and Lake Trail

Good Luck Mountain and Lake Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Caroga Lake, New York that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike, stay to right after you pass first snowmobile bridge. This will bring you to the summits of the cliffs. Really muddy on the travel up and down so wear a waterproof hiking boot. At the top of its populated not much room for privacy, the look out are is not that large. I hiked at 5pm and no one their. Great short hike with a rewarding view.

Decent hike as long as you don't miss the turn to start the ascent, trail sign is above eye level

Very good hike starts easy and closer to the peak it's very steep, I went on a muddy after rain day and there was perfect amount grip with all roots, my Labrador did not struggle at all, the top wasn't wet glorious and it was small space giving less privacy if there is more than one group up there. Besides that it was a good hike!

I loved this hike and I plan to go back when it's drier. My only issue was that I missed where the trail to the cliffs diverges from the main trail. It's not well marked and I continued for about a mile before I realized my mistake and turned around. A bit after you pass the lake on your left you'll come to a small snowmobile bridge followed by a second, larger bridge. Right before the second bridge, there is a small sign on the right hand side (it's well above eye level) with an arrow that says Good Luck Cliffs, next to another tree with a blue trail marker. The rest of the trail is unmarked but easy to follow.

I got completely lost just shy of the cliffs, never made it. Walked completely out of my way on an old snowmobile trail (secondary 81 trail) for a few hours hoping to find a road ended up calling rangers to help me out phone was just about dead and was alone. Turned into a ten mile adventure hike :) all in all it was a good day. Minus the "Goodluck" part.

Tough climb, but beautiful view at top!!

Nice trail needs to be marked better. We went to the cliffs it is a challenge,

I loved this hike, my beagle/basset, niece and I hiked it yesterday. The view is breathtaking!

we love this hike and the incline at the end makes you appreciate the top..

Great trail to start the spring/summer season. Once you get the to the turn off (blue markers and clearly marked) for the cliffs it turns into an advanced hiker trail. As of 9 April 2017 micro spikes aren't needed but come in handy on the trip down. Parking is clearly marked and was not busy.

I decided to hike this trail on a warm day in February. The trail was clearly traveled and was easy to follow with the white snow underfoot. The incline does increase as you get closer to the cliffs.