Glacier Ridge Preserve Trail

Glacier Ridge Preserve Trail is a 10.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Farmingville, New York that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Can’t wait to go back

Trail is fast and smooth Moderate climbs But no features Great for racing or cardio

Trail is primarily used for mountain biking...not hiking. Too much noise. Too many houses. Not good for hiking.

Best mountain bike trail on Long Island , my opinion

Trails are very well marked the main loop is really good

Even on a cold rainy morning this was a nice trail run.

Friday, January 13, 2017

great workout

Monday, January 09, 2017

Plenty of trails to hike a d wander through the woods off of the mountain bike trail. The sachem east high-school cross country trail makes for some good hiking.

Friday, January 06, 2017

I am routinely on LI for business, and this set of trails is tops. My only regret is that I didn't find this place sooner. That being said, I was there on a Thursday morning when it was nice and quiet, but my guess would be that weekends are very busy and that may not leave room for runners.

As far as the difficulty, I would rate it moderate vs hard. I am not a mtn bike rider but nothing I ran on seemed over aggressive/difficult. Doesn't really matter...

One suggestion, that someone else mentioned, is to bring some type of map and/or GPS. There are twists, turns, bends, and crossing trails that ALL look the same, which leads me to believe it would be very easy to get lost.

In closing, this is a great place and I will be back.

Monday, November 21, 2016

Best experience ever! Hard to put into words, you have to experience it!

Monday, November 07, 2016

Trails are marked but if you don't know the route you have to stop and look at map. Many loops come back to other loops and it is not obvious which one you take the first time through.
1. 83North and South are the names of trails, not an exit to the main road.
2. When you hit something like, "Gotta do the ridges" pay attention because when you finish that diamond you will go by the entry point again but the second time you keep going on the blue.
3. When hitting the fork for "no trespassing" and "Iam outa here" you take no trespassing the first time and outa here the second time.
3. Another fork is revenge of the shorty and something else, take revenge of the shorty.
3. When hitting the fork for "hunters path" and dark side of the moon, take dark side first time and hunters path the second time.
4. While doing dark side there is another fork for the "eclipse" and continuing on. Take eclipse the first time. On eclipse you make an unmarked right onto rollers, the second time at that point you go straight. This will bring you back to the fork of eclipse or continuing on. This time you don't take eclipse but rather keep going on DOTM.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

nice littel ruck with 35lbs great hills trails are nicely marked and very visable

Friday, October 21, 2016

The best mountain biking around. Good variety of different levels of difficulty. Well balanced trails for a good intervals workout.

Monday, September 19, 2016

The Standard on Long Island !

Saturday, September 10, 2016

As good as it gets for a packed-sand single track that is very flowy! It's a blast. Beginner to intermediate. Very well marked for bikers, with signs every 25 yards or so.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Confusing. Good walk

Thursday, June 09, 2016

First time little confusing but have a great time!

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Today was my first time riding my bike on a trail like this and I have to say it was amazing. My friend was okay with going down hills and riding fast on the rocky floor but I was definitely scared. After a while a got the hang of it and had a blast ! We even saw to deers and they were really close. I would recommend for anyone and everyone to go ahead and try it ! It definitely feels good when your all done

Sunday, May 01, 2016

definitely a good cardio workout. I will be going back with my bike as we did take some of the bike trail as physical activity...scenic?...won't win any awards but to just be outside and get a nice stretch in, I'd definitely recommend.

Monday, April 18, 2016

I did about 6 miles on foot with about a mile of free running and it was great. Not entirely scenic though (which was okay) so don't expect this one to be "pretty"