Glacier Ridge Preserve Trail

Glacier Ridge Preserve Trail is a 9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Farmingville, New York that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail is primarily used for mountain biking...not hiking. Too much noise. Too many houses. Not good for hiking.

Best mountain bike trail on Long Island , my opinion

Trails are very well marked the main loop is really good

Even on a cold rainy morning this was a nice trail run.

great workout

Plenty of trails to hike a d wander through the woods off of the mountain bike trail. The sachem east high-school cross country trail makes for some good hiking.

I am routinely on LI for business, and this set of trails is tops. My only regret is that I didn't find this place sooner. That being said, I was there on a Thursday morning when it was nice and quiet, but my guess would be that weekends are very busy and that may not leave room for runners.

As far as the difficulty, I would rate it moderate vs hard. I am not a mtn bike rider but nothing I ran on seemed over aggressive/difficult. Doesn't really matter...

One suggestion, that someone else mentioned, is to bring some type of map and/or GPS. There are twists, turns, bends, and crossing trails that ALL look the same, which leads me to believe it would be very easy to get lost.

In closing, this is a great place and I will be back.

Best experience ever! Hard to put into words, you have to experience it!